Chapter Five

Jamies POV - Im woken by the bright light hitting my eyes. I squint and open them slowly, letting them adjust to the morning brightness. I reach my hand over the bed. Its empty. I sit up and rub my eyes before clambering out of bed. I can smell bacon.

"Good morning sunshine" Im met with a beautiful smile.

"Good morning, you're cooking?" I ask. Dakota stops and looks at me.

"I am a brilliant cook. Nothing beats my bacon and eggs!" She wafts the cooking spoon around and continues to cook. This gives me the chance to admire her. She was still in my tshirt and had her panties on. I would love to wake up to this everyday.

"I never doubted you for a second baby" my voice is a little deeper. Obviously because I have just woken up.

"Your sleepy voice is very very sexy.." Dakota moves around the island and slides her arms up over my shoulders. My hands move to her waist and I begin to fiddle with the top of her panties.

"I checked the flight times.. the only one to london today is at 20:35pm. I figured that would be too late so i left it. Ring Amelia Jamie." I roll my ceyes and nod. I move out of her grasp and go back to the bedroom to find my phone. I scroll through the contacts and stop when I see Amelias name. Is there any point ringing? Itll be late over there. I click the facetime button and it starts to ring.

"Hello?" Im met with Amelias face. Its sunny. Bright. Thats not England.

"Hey.. where are you?" I ask

"We are In LA. The girls wanted to see you and Im not going to keep them from seeing their dad, Jamie. Im not an evil woman like that." I smile and lie back on the bed.

"I know you aren't. Are they there?"

"Dulcie is watching Frozen and Elva is asleep. I know you have the oscars tomorrow so shall i text you the hotel we are at?" She asks. I nod at the camera and she smiles.

"Thankyou Amelia. I really do appreciate this." I tell her. She nods and doesn't looks down. Avoiding looking at me.

"Your dad rang, told me you were having a hard time without the girls. Why didnt you say anything? You know I'd have come over here sooner." Her voice is sharp. Shes angry. Why?

"I had to find out from your dad who found out from.. Dakota." She finishes. Fuck. Even I don't know whats going on at the moment with our relationship so I cant expect Amelia to understand.

"We are friends. I told her because she was the only person willing to listen. Shes just trying to help" I mutter. Amelia nods.

"I dont need to know anymore Jamie. Ill text you the hotel and the room number. Bye." She hangs up and I chuck my phone to the side of me. Fuck.

"Dakota?" I move from the bed and make my way back into the kitchen. The food is now plated and on the kitchen table.

"Whats up?" She sits down and starts to eat her food. I move and stand holding onto the chair.

"Why did you ring my dad? I was going to speak to Amelia in my own time."

"I thought it would help."

"Its made things very awkward Dakota. You should have told me. You didn't need to intervine." She lets the fork fall from her hand and it makes a clash sound on the plate. She looks up at me.

"Intervine? Oh sorry. I was just trying to make you happy. You are stubborn and I know for a fact you would have gone ages without contacting Amelia. Your dad was very understanding and he didnt understand why you didnt tell him because Jamie, it is normal to miss your family. From what your Dad told me, Amelia was very understanding and booked the next flight into La early this morning." My eyes widen and I keep our little staring contest up.

"You did this when I was asleep?"

"Yes I did. You were so broken so please fucking forgive me for caring." She stands and takes her plate and walks past me. The door slams and the silence seems more deafening than anything else. I pull the chair out and sit down. I poke at my food and then begin to eat it.

I can understand Dakota wanting to help. I just don't want anything to be a mess. I want my girls to grow up with somewhat normal lives and with her their parents on good terms. I don't even know what to say to Dakota. I know I owe her way more than a sorry.

Dakotas POV
How dare he try and shout at me. What the fuck? All i was trying to do is help him and make him smile. I have done that because his babies are now in the same country and state as him. I look down at my half empty plate. Suddenly im not that hungry. I sigh and grab the plate. I walk back into the kitchen and scrape the remains of the food into the bin. I put the plate in the dishwasher and sit up on the island.

"Dakota.. im sorry.." I hear Jamie whisper.
I ignore and carry on looking through instagram on my phone. No way will he be forgiven that easily.

"Please talk to me." He speaks again. He does the same as what I did a second ago and soon he is inbetween my legs and looking up at me.

"What? I don't want to talk to you right now" I say sternly. His eyebrows furrow and he looks down then back up.

"What can I do to make this right? I know I overreacted. I just don't want to involve you in anything that may come back and hurt you" He mutters. Hurt me? What could possibly hurt me? I know his little girls will always come first. As far as I'm concerned we are only friends anyway. Thats what he said to Amelia.

"Jamie, we aren't a thing. We aren't a couple. You're single and I am single. You don't need to protect me. Last night..." I sigh "it was a mistake." I lie. Of course it wasn't. I loved every minute I spent with him. How can I love somebody when they are pushing me away?

"Don't lie Dakota. Don't lie to try and protect me or yourself. Look I might be in a very complicated situation right now but that doesn't mean that I dont want you." His eyes are wide and he looks scared. Vulnerable. Ive never seen Jamie like this before.

"You want me?" I whisper. My hand moves to his cheek and I stroke my thumb across. Fuck he has taken my guard down. Set it on fire and burnt it.

"Yes. I need you." He whispers back. I lean down and our lips meet. He deepens the kiss and presses his tongue against my lips. Wanting an entrance. I open my mouth and allow him to invade. Our tongues dance together and my arms slide around his shoulders. Im brought back to reality when he pulls away.

"So you're single?" He asks. I chuckle and shrug. What are we?

"Lets take it slow okay? You aren't going to see anyone else though are you?" He asks. I shake my head.

"Believe it or not I am a loyal person. Ill wait for you. Whenever you are ready Ill be ready." I kiss his forehead and push him away gently.

"Go and get ready. You have two little princesses to go and see." I stroke down his cheek and bring my hand back to me. He nods and steps back. He walks off to the bathroom.

Why did i allow him to be so easily forgiven? I have never let anyone attempt to patronise me. Maybe he means more to me than what I think. I sigh. I look around the kitchen. In seconds I can hear Jamies soft voice singing in the shower. He is singing my girl. I jump down and head for my bedroom. I figure as Jamie will be out Ill make the most of shopping and go and see Em before the big day tomorrow. I need some girly time.