Chapter Twenty Five

Dakotas POV
Jamie is spending the day with his girls and Im in a hotel. I plan to go back to America soon. Its weird how homesick I am at the moment.

Bing.

"Do you want anything from mcdonalds?"

This man knows me very well. I text him back my 6 chicken nugget meal and a coca cola. That means he is on his way back. I can't wait to see him, I've actually missed him. Its only been a matter of hours but I love this man. I really do.

My phone rings and I look down. Mum! I slide to unlock and I move it to my ear.

"Hello darling. How are you? Hows London?" She asks. I curl up on the sofa and pull Jamies jacket over me.

"Yeah its good, Ireland was beautiful too. Jamie took me out to see the countryside. Rode horses, had a cute date. Spoke about everything. Its really great Mum." I smile, speaking about it all just reminds me of how perfect that little weekend was. How perfect Jamie is.

"Im so happy to hear that honey. He really is a gentlemen. Chase was round earlier, Everyone is missing you. Come home soon" She chuckles a little and the line goes silent.

"I will Mum, I promise. I love you so much" I whisper. I know shes smiling over the phone.

"I love you too, you're perfect Dakota. I best go, Im going with your Dad to see Jesse, Hes been in the studio quite alot recently! Ill see you soon" The call ends and I mutter bye as I drop my phone onto my lap.

I close my eyes and allow myself to fall asleep.

Jamies POV
I park the car in the hotel carpark and make my way up to the room. I know I need to tell Dakota everything. I need to talk to somebody. I get to the room and shut the door behind me. The balcony doors are slightly open and I spot Dakota snuggled up on the couch, asleep.

I rest my jacket over the couch and move around to the front. I scoot back a little and put the bag of food on the table infront of me.

"Hey sleeping beauty, wake up" I lean down near her ear and she moves a little. Her hand slides onto my chest and she pushes a little.

"Oi, stop being a pain" I chuckle and grab her hand and gently pull her up so shes sat facing me.

"Oh im tired Jamie" she pulls her hand free and rubs her eyes. She opens them and looks at me then to the table.

"Oh goodie!" She leans over me and grabs the bag. She pulls out her chips and nuggets and sits back.

"Happy now?" I ask, i raise my eyebrow and try to not act amused. This woman really is something else.

"Very." She starts to eat. "How were the girls? Did Amelia like her presents?" Dakota asks. She wipes some sauce from the corner of her lips and looks at me. I feel myself frown a little.

"What?" She stops eating and keeps her stare.

"I told her about the baby... she was happy for us. A little hurt but she understood." I whisper. I can feel her eyes burning into my body.

"Jamie, I havent even told my mum! You have told your ex wife and my family dont even know! Come to think of it neither do yours! Why?" Her tone is harsh. Angry. I knew this was a battle I'd have to face.

"Dakota I dont know, I feel like she needed to know.. well morealess deserved to know" I shrug my shoulders. I don't know myself why I wanted to tell her. It was circling in my head over and over again.

Dakota brings her hands to hide her face and she drops them. She looks back to her food and starts to eat again. I know this is far from sorted and I know she is far from done with me. I start to twiddle with my thumbs and I move from the couch.