Chapter Twenty Nine

Jamies POV
Its been a long 9 hours. A long 9 hours on a plane. I needed to make sure Dakota was okay and the only way I could have done that is fly out to be with my girl.

The plane journey was annoying. I had nonestop hassle. Something I can do without when I have had a hassle all bloody week. Im on my way to Dakotas in the car. Im excited to see her, we've been away from eachother a matter of hours and I miss her and our baby.

Its late here but the breeze is still warm. Its still fresh. I smile and watch as cars pass me by on the other side of the road. Maybe this is the place to live and bring up the kids. America. That way Dakota is home, she wont get homesick because she will be here and be able to see her family whenever she wants. We come to a halt and I look out the window. Im here. Im so nervous, what if she doesnt want to see me? She didnt reply to my texts.

"Thanks mate" I lean forward and pay the cab driver. I climb out and grab my suitcase from the boot. I shut the boot and the cab drives off. Im left on my own outside Dakotas house.

I walk up the steps and ring the doorbell. Nothing. I knock and still nothing. Come to think of it, theres no lights on and I cant hear Zepp in there. I sit on the step and bring my hands up to my face so I can lean. This will be a long evening.

Dakotas POV
Ive been at Mums for a few hours now. Its so nice to be around my family and do normal family things like argue over pathetic things and Mums cooking skills.

"Seriously, we have missed you Dak. Its weird you not being here. I mean Im used to it but its still weird" Alex chuckles and throws a pillow at me

"Its weird for me, Im used to travelling and being away but home is definitely where the heart is" I smile and look around at my family. Everyone is smiling and happy. Everyone is in a good place.

"So what was Ireland like?" Grace asks. I smile and remember it. How beautiful it was and how happy everybody was on St Patricks Day.

"Its gorgeous. Its so homely and Jim was so welcoming. His home is beautiful." I look at Grace and she winks. I shake my head and sip my water.

"Did anything happen?" She giggles and I know what she is getting at. I look around and all eyes are on me.

"Uh.. well there is something I need to tell you guys. Well.. you see.. Im pregnant" I raise my hands in the air and shrug.

"Are you kidding?" My mum asks. I shake my head and she stands up and claps.

"Oh my god! Dakota!" She pulls me up from the sofa. She hugs me tightly and kisses my head.

"You're squishing me!" I barely get out. She lets go of me and looks at me.

"Im so proud of you honey. So very proud." She pulls me into another hug and kisses my head.

"Congratulations sis!" Alex pulls me into a hug when Mum lets go and I chuckle.

"Is Jamie nice?" He asks as he steps back. I nod and smile. The nicest you could ever get.

"Best had be. My sister deserves the best." Alex winks and grabs his beer bottle.

"I cant wait to meet the little devil!" Grace comes over and gives me a brief hug.

"Devil?" I raise my eyebrow and shake my head.

"My child will be an angel" I giggle and My mum sips her champagne