Chapter Twenty Two

I look at Jamie. Hes looking back. Me? Pregnant? I can't be. I am on the pill. I know Jamie and I don't use protection but I take my pill everyday.

"I can't be, I take the pill everyday" I wash out the sink and turn back to face him. He is still watching me.

"You didnt take any in Berlin when I was there...." he frowns and sits down on the dining chair.

"Ill take a pregnancy test then." I smile but deep down I'm terrified. I don't feel ready for a baby. I still want more time with Jamie. I know it sounds selfish but its true. We haven't really been together that long.

"We can pop out to the shops and then go on the horse ride if you want? Have a nice day out" Jamie smiles and holds out his hand. I take it and he pulls me to him gently.

"Sounds great" I mutter. His hands slide around my waist and rest in my back pockets of my jeans. I look down at him and he looks up.

"Stop being moody, it'll be fun" He smiles and pinches my bum through the denim.

I go to grab his hair. Shit. Baldy is still bald.

"I can't wait for you to get your hair back. I miss it. Its nice to play with and I find it fascinating when you are styling it." I sit on his knee and he sits back. My head falls onto his chest and his arm wraps around my shoulders.

"I know you're scared. I know there's probably a hundred things running about in your head. If you are pregnant, Ill be here every step of the way, That would be our child. A mixture of the pair of us. Something we made." Jamie whispers. I stay still and listen to his heart beat.

Jamies POV
I look down and shes still. She has her thinking face on. I know that if she is pregnant it is a little inconvenient but at the same time we have made a life. We have made another one of us.

"I best go and get ready if we are going out" I whisper again. She climbs off my lap and makes her way to the livingroom. I leave her to it and head upstairs.

Black jeans. Blue tshirt. White nike air. I look alright. I grab my keys from the bedside table and go back downstairs.

"Dakota, are you ready?" I shout through the hall. Theres no reply.

"Women" I mutter to myself. I walk along the hall and come to a hault when I see her in the livingroom. Shes still in here. Shes looking at baby photos, my baby photos.

"Where did you find them?" I set my keys down on the table and join her.

"They were on the cabinet. I thought it was a book. Well it is a book, a book of your childhood in photographs" she smiles up at me and runs her hand along the photos.

"Thats me and my mum. My dad took the picture. I remember I was naughty at primary school and she understood. She grabbed me and kept kissing my cheek and my Dad managed to get it on his camera." I study the photograph.

"She was beautiful Jamie. Really beautiful" She closes the book and looks up at me.

"Im okay, I havent seen them in a long time. Brings back memories" I smile a reassuring smile and grab my keys again.

"Are you ready?" I ask. She nods and grabs her denim jacket from the couch. She leads the way out of the house and waits by the car.

"Should you be driving?" She asks. She chuckles and gets in when I click the button to open.

"Yes, Im fine. Dont worry about my driving." I shake my head and pull my seatbelt round me. Dakota does the same. She leans forward and clicks the radio on.