Chapter Forty Two

Dakotas POV
I wake and look at the hot mess that is tangled around my body. Im to warm. Way to warm. I look over at the clock and its only 3:25 in the morning. For once it isnt JJ waking me. Its his Dad. One of his legs is over mine and his head is rested on my chest. I don't want to wake him, he looks so peaceful.

"You're staring" I stroke over his cheek with my hand and smile. Oops Guess I woke him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you"

"I'm a light sleeper, you moving around was the thing that did it"

Jamie sits up and rubs his eyes. He lies back down on his side with his back to me. Once we get to a happy place something always comes in the middle and ruins it. I know how much he loves those girls. They mean the absolute world to him. Jamie is nothing but a family man.

"Whats wrong?" I scoot over so Im behind him and kiss his shoulder

"Just overthinking" his voice is barely a whisper. I kiss his shoulder again and start to kiss down his back.

I stop and look at his bare back. He is so beautiful. Even the back of him.

"Why'd you stop?" He turns and im met with his gorgeous blue eyes. Lost gorgeous blue eyes.

"Id rather kiss your lips than your back. As lovely as your back is... it isn't satisfying for my lips"

"Back handed compliment I think.."

"Maybe"

I crunch up my nose and he shakes his head and smiles. Atleast he is smiling. His hand slides up my cheek and he pulls me down

"I love you Dakota Mayi Johnson"

I kiss him softly and he bites my bottom lip and begins to suck on it. Im to tired for sex. He lets go and kisses me again.

"I love you too"

I lie down and chuckle. Jamie looks at me straight away, confusion washed over his face.

"What now?"

"Its your birthday. My old man is getting older"

"Old?"

"Old."

"Im not old. Just maturing"

"If thats what you want to call it"

He shakes his head and smiles again. That gorgeous young boyish smile. Ill never tire of it or him.

"Happy birthday baby. Maybe you'll get something better this year. Not just hotwings and a trailer full of balloons." He chuckles and kisses me again.

"Im tired so sleep" he mutters

I turn over and finally nod back off to sleep.

Jamies POV
I wake with the sun creeping through the blinds. I squint them naturally before opening them. Im alone in bed, I didnt even hear Dakota get up. I must have been tired. I sit up and look over at the clock. 11:34am. Jesus. Lie in for me I guess.

I decide to roll out of bed and get dressed. I pull on some black jeans, grey polo shirt and my grey chelsea boots. I move to the little dressing table where all my hair products are. I style my hair a little and finally head downstairs.