Chapter Four

I wake and look down at the body tangled around me. Im warm. Too warm. I move Dakotas arms gently and slide out of her bed. She stirs a little, frowns and then rolls onto her other side. I pull on my boxers and make my way into the kitchen. Her apartment is plain but beautiful. Everything is so tidy and neat. Maybe I think its some mesmerising thing because my house was never tidy. There was always my little girl pulling every toy out of the toybox. Then i had my other little girl craving her daddies attention. I sit at the kitchen island and grab the glass of orange infront of me. Who knows how long its been there for? I down it and rest my head on my arms.

"Hey.. come back to bed" I turn and see Dakota leaning against the door frame. My tshirt is wrapped around her beautiful body and I smile.

"I got a little flustered and warm.. came to get a drink" I hold up the empty glass and place it down on the island. I stand, stretch and then walk over to her. Her arms slide around my waist and she steps in to close the space between us.

"Thats been there since yesterday morning.. I can't imagine it was nice." She giggles and keeps her stare. Why does she make me feel so shy? Get a grip Jamie.

Dakotas POV - I look up at him. His big blue eyes looking back. His teeth graze against his bottom lip and he rests his hand just on my bum.

"Im guessing you like that.." I mutter. He lets out a slight chuckle and nods.

"Pretty hard to not like it." He sighs. I try and read him but his face is stern. He isn't giving anything away tonight. I sigh myself and pull away. I slip my hand into his and tug.

"Round two? Really?"

"No, you need sleep. I know for a fact that isnt something you have been doing recently"I reply. He groans and starts to walk slowly. Its like Im dragging a child to bed.

"This is a nice view" Jamie whispers. I shake my bum as we get into the bedroom and pull my hand away. He steps into the room and I shut the door behind him.

"Bed. Now."

"To sleep?" He asks. I nod. He grabs my waist and we both fall back onto the bed.

"Jamie, why are you so fucking awake" I groan. He leans over and I open my eyes again to be met with his. He is straddling me!

"Maybe it was that one day old orange juice or just the fact that You make me feel young again" I reach up and caress his cheek. He's so lost without his babies around him. Knowing I make him carefree and happy brings a warmness to my heart.

"What do you want?" I ask. He cocks his head to the side and shrugs.

"To talk? To cuddle? I don't really know. I just want to hold you" He whispers. I smile and bring my hand down to his chest. Its hairier than I remember.

"I think you need to shave.. this tickled before.." I blush and tug at his beard,he grins. Of course he would grin at that.

"Did it now? Maybe I should grow it longer just for that reason.l" He moves back a little so he is sat on my crotch area. His tshirt rides up my stomach and exposes my black lace panties.

"No.." I watch him and he leans down and begins to kiss my stomach. Kissing across to the left and then back to the right. Fuck. He moves further down so he is knelt at the side of the bed, he pulls me by my waist so my bum is on the edge. I pant and sit up a little. Looking at him. He winks and starts to kiss my sex over my panties. I throw my head back and let out a little defeated moan. I find my hand running through his hair. Gripping the top of it. He pulls away and my hands are forced to drop down. He smirks, stands and heads into the ensuite. Oh no he fucking doesnt.

"Jamie!"

"You said I need to shave. So lets shave." He replies. I get up and walk towards to bathroom. He's pulled the toilet seat down so he can sit on it.

"I dont have any shaving foam.. it'll irritate" I mutter. I just want him so badly.

"You don't? We should go and get some.." he suggests. I look at him and sit up on the sink.

"Its 3:00am Jamie. I am not going to a store to get you shaving foam. I thought you were going to.." I stop myself and can feel myself blush. He laughs and looks up at me. His boyish grin making my heart pound a little harder and beat faster.

"Cmon.. lets go to bed. I'll shave tomorrow." He stands and waits for me to lead the way. I jump down, walk back into my bedroom and get into bed. I watch as Jamie turns the bathroom light off and soon he is besides me.

I turn on my side and smile. Yet again his big blue eyes are gawking at me.

"You're beautiful. I have had the best night tonight" He smiles and moves closer. Normally if someone woke me up at 3:00am Id be a raging nightmare but with Jamie its different.

"And you are insanely handsome and damn right annoying" I giggle and he grins. I look at him as he smiles and it reminds me of his two beautiful little girls. "Jamie I want you to know that your little girls adore you and they do need their daddy. Why don't you go and see them tomorrow? If they aren't here atleast facetime Amelia and speak to them that way. They'll be missing you just as much as you miss them" I look down and back up. He frowns. Im guessing this is his thinking face. Or its a "stay out of my business face".

"They're in London. Miles away from me. Maybe I'll ring them tomorrow." He keeps it short. Fuck. Why is this so hard?

"Jamie talk to me. Stop hiding away." I give him a stern and serious tone. His eyes widen a little and I notice his jaw tense.

"Im just scared. I know what its like to lose a parent. Obviously its different because Im still alive. I want to watch them grow up and fuck Dakota Im scared I won't be able too. Im scared Ill get shut out of their life. What if Amelia meets somebody else and they start to call him Daddy and become dependant on him? I don't want that." I move closer and kiss his shoulder. I finally understand. He's scared that his children Will stop loving him.

"Jamie, you're still here and they will always be your little girls. They're your flesh and blood and nobody will ever.. ever replace you." I stop and think. I want him happy. "Look why dont we look at flights tomorrow. Go to London and see your girls." I stroke up and down his arm and he nods. He brings his lips in and then puffs them back out.

"I know. Im just overthinking. It seems to be happening quite regularly these days" he moves his arm over his eyes and rests it there.

I want to lighten the mood. Change the topic of conversation. After all it was me who brought it up. I stupidly thought it would help but it makes him doubt himself even more.

"I didnt think you would be good at sex you know" I look up waiting for his reaction. I bite down on my lip gently so it stops my laugh escaping my mouth.

"Im pretty sure I proved that theory of yours wrong." His arm moves and he looks at me. "You were moaning my name, pulling my hair and you scratched my back. A little too hard If I recall" He raises one eyebrow and smirks. I shake my head.

"I did no such thing." I smile and move so im lay on my back. He does the same. I hear a quiet sigh and it makes me smile. Ive never shared this bed with anyone before and now Jamies here lay besides me and we have christened it.

"You're right, we need sleep. My eyes have suddenly just got really heavy" Jamie mutters. I chuckle.

"Finally, he sleeps" He hums and it goes silent. I open my eyes and look at him. His eyes are closed. He looks so peaceful. I kiss his shoulder and allow myself to finally fall back to sleep.