Chapter Twenty Four

26th March 2017
Jamies POV
I had a few days filming and now Im back in London. Amelia flew back in yesterday. Today is Mothers day. Im also gonna be telling her the news about the baby. I know Dakota said wait until 12 weeks but I feel like she deserves to know. I don't know why but I feel like she should know.

"Oh Hey." Amelia opens the door and steps aside letting me in. I walk in and close the door behind me. Ive let Amelia keep the house we have In Gloucester. Its a perfect home for the girls and its out of the way. Its somewhere I know they would love to grow up.

"Dulcie is out the back with the pup and Elva is having a nap. Can I make you a tea?" Amelia smiles and I nod. I follow her into the kitchen and take a seat at the kitchen island.

"How have you been?" I ask. Her backs to me as she prepares the tea

"Ive been okay, it was nice to you know get away." She turns and passes me my tea. I take the cup and rest it on the table.

"It would have been nice to have known about that Amelia, it wasnt fair" I roll my eyes and stand. I make my way out into the back garden and watch Dulcie as she plays with her puppy and dolls.

"Dulcieeee" I call out. She turns and her little face lights up.

"Daddy!!" She screams and runs over, I kneal and pick her up when she gets to my arms.

"Hows my little princess?" I rest her on my hip and she smiles at me and blocks the sun with her arms.

"Good" she giggles and wraps her arms around my neck. I cuddle her and walk inside.

"We have presents for Mummy" I sit down and set her down infront of me. She stands and watches me pull thr gift bag from under the table. I pass it her, she looks at it and rattles it before looking at me.

"Go and give them to Mummy" I whisper. She grins and starts to walk towards the living room. I follow behind with a bunch of flowers.

"Muma!" Dulcie runs in and stops at Amelias legs. She passes the gift bag up and Amelia smiles.

"Aw thankyou my sweet baby." She leans forward and kisses Dulcies head. I sit on the armchair of the couch with the flowers still in my hand.

Dulcie sits up next to Amelia and watches her open the presents. Theres a Mum Cd with old classical music. Theres her favourite chocolates. A photograph of the girls with Amelia. A little teddy and two tickets to go and see a live orchestra.

Amelia looks up at me and smiles.

"Thankyou" she mouths. I smile back and head back into the kitchen. I rest the flowers on the kitchen table and start to search for a vase.

"Top right cupboard" I hear Amelia say from behind me.

I reach up and open the cupboard door. I grab the vase and move back to the kitchen table. I put the flowers in and move to the sink and fill it up with some water.

"Where shall I put them?" I turn and look at Amelia. She points to the windowsill and I lean over the sink and set them down in the sunlight.

"Those gifts are really lovely, thankyou" She smiles and sits down on the chair.

"No problem. Its Mothers day, you're a good Mum to the girls" I smile and she looks down and then back up.

"Whats up Jamie? I know you well and you are acting all suspicious and I dont know you seem a little on edge" She shrugs and I look at her. I bite my lip a little and look out the kitchen window.

"Er, Im going to be a Dad again. Dakota is pregnant. Shes only 4 weeks now, I shouldn't really be saying anything but I feel like you should know" I shrug and look back at her. Her face is unreadable. She has no expression.

"Congratulations." Her voice is stern.

"Please don't start anything up, Im happy." I mutter. She stands up and smiles.

"Im not going to start anything. Its your life, Im just the mother of your other children." She moves past me and drops her cup into the sink and leaves the kitchen. I guess it could have gone worse. I know shes upset, I know it will hurt and sometimes she says things she doesnt mean. I have done it many times.

I head back into the living room and sit next to Elva. I gently pick her up and rest her in my arms. Her eyelashes are so long, shes perfect.

"Shes not been that well recently, she has abit of a cold" Amelia mutters. I use my jacket to rest over her legs. I stroke back the little hair she has and kiss her head gently.

"Is she okay though?" I look up at Amelia, she nods and smiles.

"Please don't be mad, I can tell. You're frustrated" I keep my stare.

"Jamie its a little hurtful to find out your ex husband is already having another child with somebody else. We have been divorced five minutes." Her tone is angry. A settled angry though. I look at Dulcie and she shrugs before running out and back into the back garden.

"It just happened, these things happen. I dont want anything to change though. I still want to see the girls. Afterall they will be big sisters" I smile and try to lighten the mood.

"Why would I stop you from seeing the girls? You really do lack trust and faith in me Jamie. Of course the girls will still see you, they'll love that they have a new brother or sister." She doesnt look at me. She looks at the photo of the girls.

"When do I have them?" I ask

"I think my Mum is going to take care of them whilst Im touring" She finally looks up at me and she brushes her thumb across the photo

"What? We agreed I will have the girls. Thats been the plan for ages" I frown and look down at Elva and back up.

"You'll be travelling, the girls need a rest from that and some stability. Dulcie starts school soon Jamie" She puts everything back into the bag and sits back on the couch.

"I know she does. I was just going to take them to La. Then ill be back in London. " I can feel the anger building up inside of me. I knew this was bound to happen.

"I dont Know Jamie. I'll let you know as soon as I find out" She smiles and I know i need to leave. I dont want to argue or discuss it whilst the girls are here.

"Right, well I best be going." I gently lay Elva back between the cushions on the sofa. I stand and head into the hallway.

"Dulcie" I shout her with a quiet voice and she runs in. Mud all up her legs and all over her tshirt and leggings.

"Look at you" I chuckle "you're a right mess" I kneal down to her height and look at her. Admire her. My little girl.

"I love you baby, You know that dont you?" I ask. She nods and smiles her perfect little smile.

"You going?" Her voice melts my heart. It sounds like a plea to stay. As much as I want too I know I cant.

"Daddy has to go, he has work to do" I look at her and she looks from side to side before looking at her fingers.

"I iss you" she looks up into my eyes and it hits me right in the heart. I sit down on the floor and pull her into my chest. I hug her tightly and I feel her little squeeze around my neck.

"Stay Daddy" she whispers. A tear escapes my eye. I shouldnt have to lie to my three year old daughter. I should be able to see them both without any hassle.

"Okay, Ill stay for another hour or two. Lets go out the back ay?" I stand up and she grins. She runs back out into the garden and I can hear her bouncing the football. I wipe my eyes and follow her out.

I need to be here more for these little girls. I dont want them to think I abandoned them when they are older. I dont want them to think I chose acting over them. I work so I can give them the best in life. I work so I can provide for them. They are so small and to young to even understand that right now. It breaks my heart having to leave them and not know when I will see them again.

Maybe, just maybe I should go in for full custody. I dont want to hurt Amelia. I dont want anybody to be hurt. At the moment the only one who is hurting is me. Me and the girls. They dont see their Dad as much and I dont see my daughters as much and it kills me.