Chapter Thirty Three

8 Months Pregnant.

Jamies POV
Dakota is still asleep. These past few days she hasn't been feeling 100% so Im keeping the kids downstairs, quiet and letting her sleep it off.

"Dadada" I look down at Elva.

"Clever girl!" I lean down and pick her up. Her hand rests on my face and she pulls at my beard a little bit.

"Yeah..I know its long baby girl" I laugh and continue to sort the clothes out with one hand

"Daddy!" Dulcie runs into the kitchen with mud all up her clothes and a muddy Zeppelin.

"What the hell have you been doing?" I drop the tshirt onto the pile and look at her. Elva starts to giggle besides me.

"Out and about" Dulcie shrugs and kicks off her wellies. This girl is getting a right attitude.

"Ey, pick them up and put them on the shoe rack young lady." I look at her then to the boots and then back at her. She huffs a little, grabs the boots and walks into the hallway.

"You Little miss attitude need to stop" I sit Elva in between me on the island.

"Daki?" Dulcie asks from behind Elva

"Shes asleep. Daki and baby arent that well" I smile a small smile at her and Dulcie nods. She doesn't understand I know that but I know if I say Dakota is asleep. She will leave her in peace.

I look at Elva and she's just looking back at me. Shes in her little Manchester United Kit with white little adidas superstars on. Dakota helped me pick out the shoes. Apparently I have no taste.

"Right, I think its naptime for you two" I pick Elva up and shes rested on the right side of my hip. I lean down slowly and pick Dulcie up. She rests on the left side. I slowly head upstairs and get into their room.

"Im not tired!" Dulcie screams out. I set Elva down in her bed and she just lies there. Atleast one of my children is giving me a break!

"Dulcie. Its nap time." My voice is stern. She just looks at me from the middle of the room and shrugs.

"Dulcie Dornan. Get into your bed right now. Daddy isnt playing anymore." I stand up and she runs to her bed and climbs in beneath the covers. I walk over and pull them up to her little chin.

"Daddy doesnt want to shout at you okay? I just want you to listen to me." I lean down and kiss her head. She turns onto her side and faces the wall. I walk back over to Elva and shes still lay with her eyes wide open.

I sit on the side of the bed and with my hand stroke across her forehead over and over again. Shes always liked this, ever since she was a baby. Her eyes start to close and her hands come up to her mouth. Dakota and I decided to take away the pacifiers for naptime. That way the girls will eventually get used to not having them. I look at my beautiful little girl and shes finally asleep. 2:00pm on a tuesday afternoon. Not bad for me. I stand and look over at Dulcie. Shes completely gone. I knew she was tired.

"Jamie?" I hear a faint call from the bedroom. I shut the girls door quietly and head in to Dakota.

"Whats up?" I ask. I shut our door and turn on the baby monitor.

"Why is Zepp all muddy? Its literally everywhere" she giggles and points to the carpet and the bedding. Brilliant. More washing!

"Sorry, Dulcie and Zepp were in the garden. I was folding the clean clothes." I itch the back of my neck and she pats my side of the bed. I walk over and lie besides her. She instantly cuddles up to me.