Chapter Fifteen

Dakotas POV
I stand and head back inside. Its quiet. Too quiet.

"Jamie?" I call out. No response. I head into the bedroom and look at the neatly layed out bed. Strange. I didn't hear him get up or leave. Surely I would have heard the door close.

"Mum, did you hear Jamie go out?" I head back into the lounge area on my phone. Scrolling through my contacts.

"No, maybe he went to get something to eat from a starbucks or something" My mum continues to flick through the tv channels.

Helpful. This isnt like Jamie. He wouldnt just go off without saying anything.

I click his name and ring him. Pick up pick up. The call is answered.

"Hello?"
"Hey, where are you?" I ask
"I went out for a run. Getting to know the city a little bit" His breath is a little shaky. I smile and sit down. I feel myself relax.

"You scared me" I whisper

"Why? Nothings gonna happen. Im a big boy Dakota, i can handle myself" He chuckles lightly down the phone and I smile. Its infectious.

"I know i know. Well when are you coming home? We can grab breakfast and watch something on netflix" I start to fiddle with the little notepad on the table.

"Uh, later. Im gonna have a look around the shops and stuff. Ill be back shortly okay? Stop panicking and worrying! Im fine." He laughs quietly and the line goes silent.

"I love you." I said it. The words are out of my mouth. Is it too soon? We've said it before, I dont know this time it feels different.

"Baby, i got to go. Ill see you later" the phone line cuts and I feel my heart sink. He didnt say it back. He didnt even acknowledge that I even said it. Maybe it was too early. Ouch.

Jamies POV
I smile to myself as I continue decorating the little space I have found. Of course I love her but keeping her wondering and on edge is something I want. I want this to be perfect.

My phone vibrates again and I pull it out of my pocket. My dad. Whats up with him?
I slide to unlock and its facetime. Strange for him.

"Hey Dad whats up?"

"I have two little girls here wanting to see their daddy!" I look into the camera and I can see Dulcie at the side of him and Elva is on his knee. My heart swells up. My girls.

"Hey babies! Daddy misses you" I blow a kiss into the camera and Dulcie immediately does it back. Elva tries but her fist just ends up in her mouth.

"Daddy, Pep is on! bye" Dulcie disappears from the camera and soon Elva is out of shot too. Charming. Short but sweet.

"Peppa pig?" I ask

"Peppa pig. Son, hows it going over there? Filming?" Shit, I forgot to tell him about Berlin.

"Oh its on a break, moving location so Im out in Berlin with Dakota. Setting up a surprise for her actually." I smile at the camera and he smiles back.

"What sort of surprise? What have you done this time?" We both laugh and I shake my head.

"Nothing, just showing her how much I appreciate and love her. Its gonna be romantic when its all done." I look around then back to the camera

"Well, ill let you do what you have to do. Jamie, keep her. Shes a good one." He smiles and waves before ending the call. Keep her is what I aim to do.

Dakotas POV
I lie on the sofa, my legs resting over the top, my head half dangling off the front.

"You'll get dizzy" My Mum warns me. I shake my head and continue watching the tv.