Ch.15: Secrets to be kept.

This chapter will be switching from past to present. Sorry •-•.

Past~

"Trevor go play with the other children." The boy's father urged him towards the playground full of yelling children. The child refused and clung to the male's side. "Come on, let's see who he is!" The father pointed over to a blue boy. He wasn't dressed fancy like the other children and was playing by himself. Trevor stared at him with caution. Looking up to his father for consent, he smiled and nudged him over. He slowly made his way towards the boy who was currently in the sand box. He stood over him and looked down.

"Hello." The sitting boy looked up and marveled. The silent boy stood in his spot as he stared down. "I'm Richie. Who're you?" Finally sitting down, Trevor blankly stared at Richie.

"Trevor." He whispered. Richie smiled and stuck his hand out causing Trevor to flinch back.

"Nice to meet you, Trevor! I'm this many, how bout you?" The blue haired male proudly held up five fingers and smiled, some of his teeth were missing. Trevor held up six fingers and cracked the smallest smile. "Cool!! I've never met someone older then me! Do you go to school?" The blonde nodded. "Me too! I go to the one over there." Richie pointed in a direction and looked around. "My mommy and daddy are over there where's your mommy and daddy?" Richie smiled towards Trevor.

"My mommy isn't here." He whispered back. He looked at his father and pointed to him. He was a silly looking blonde male. Bright yellow eyes with a hint of green, a plaid shirt with a jacket to compliment the color of red and black. He had a small, scruffy, patch of hair that covered his lower jaw. Richie cocked his head to the side like a puppy.

"Whaduya mean your mommy's gone? Everyone has a mommy!" Richie giggled. Trevor shrugged and looked down. "Hey, let's go ask my mommy and daddy what happened to your mommy! Maybe they know!" The boy leaped up and grabbed Trevor's hand. He giggled as he skipped towards the couple. "MOMMY! DADDY! Look at my new friend!" Richie beamed. The two adults smiled and welcomed the boy.

"Oh thats wonderful honey! What's his name?" Richie's mother softly replied and leaned forward.

"His names Trevor. He doesn't talk. He says his mommy isn't here, what does he mean?"

"Oh... Well, sometimes a mommy and a daddy separate, just for a little, but that little could turn into a long time. It doesnt mean they dont still care for each other! They just, need space." She tried her best to explain it to the two small children.

"Oh. Its ok Trevor! I'm sure your mommy still loves your daddy. Let's go see him!" Richie pulled the quiet boys arm away and headed towards the boy's father. As they approached, Trevor's dad sat up and chuckled.

"See, I told you that you would make friends, Bud!" He smiled.

"Hello! I'm Richie! Trevor is really cool. He says his mommy isn't around but I'm sure she still loves you, thats what my mommy said." Richie laughed. The father's eyes widened at the statement and looked over to the couple that the child pointed to. They nervously smiled and mouthed the words 'sorry'. He looked back and sadly laughed.

"I'm sure she does. Listen you two go play for a little longer ok? I'll be right here." The two left and sat in the sandbox.

"I like the color blue. My parents said its cause a my hair. My mom said I could dye it all I want cause she got this blue stuff for my hair! Its so cool. Your hair Is nice too. Natural Colors usually pop out more, but I like blue cause blue's my favorite color!" The boy spoke on while the other quietly listened, silently enjoying the presence of someone other than the silence that takes over his home. "You don't talk a lot." He snapped into reality when Richie became a bit more serious than he was. "Why don't you talk? I mean, talking is fun! You get to say stuff and talk about stuff that you don't have to talk about with someone other than your brain."