Ch.30: Oh Father...

Flashback-

"Come on, Dad!" The giddy teen beamed as she made her way up the hill they had chosen to have the picnic on. Her father slowly trailed behind as he carried the basket. He was heavily breathing, but he did his best to hide it from the girl.

"I'm coming, (Y/n)." He laughed as he struggled to keep up. The girl giggled at his slowness, as he would sometimes lag behind to annoy her, and walked down to help him climb.

"Your such a slow poke." She teased and grabbed his arm to aid his way up the hill. He thanked her and they finally made it to the top. They unpacked and began to eat when they realized they packed too much food. "I wish mom was here... We all could of enjoyed this." She sighed as she took a bite of the apple in her hand. The dad gave her a sorrowful look.

"I know, but she chose to work today. I couldnt convince her that food was better than hours." He sighed and shrugged before taking a bite of his sandwich. The two spent hours on the hill talking about various topics, and even scheming a way that they could buy an island and isolate from the world, just the family. The girl was a lot like her dad, the two were loners who shared their cynical, pessimistic, view on life. However whenever they were together, they were happy and they felt like they could face anything. (Y/n) tried to get along with her mother, but she always struggled with it as the two just didn't click. The mother understood her daughter being a daddy's girl, but it eas hard, because the two would often butt-heads... Especially in the younger female's recent teen years. After a few more minutes of the two discussing how cool it would be if they could run away, they started to pack up. (Y/n)'s father was being slower than usual, and she noticed... but was too scared to say anything. She waited until she was standing at the car, but her father appeared to be having a harder time going down the hill.

"Dad? Come on, you aren't usually this slow..." The concerned girl rushed over as he almost stumbled down the hill.

"I know, for some reason my body is aching. I dont... feel right, (Y/n). Do you mind if we stop somewhere before we go home?" The father asked the girl, and she nodded before the two got into the car. They drove towards the unspecified location on the backroads when the male began to choke on air.

"Dad?!" The girl freaked out as the car started to swerve. "Dad calm down!" He began to heaven as they almost crashed "Stop the car, stop thE CAR!" She shrieked, and he quickly slammed the brake, stopping the car on the sife of the road. "I-i'll drive us to the hospital, just sit here and stay calm!" She was mainly telling herself not to freak out, and the two switched spots. She had driven just a couple times before, but never on the real roads, but she needed to focus to get her dad to the hospital. She flew down the backroads as her father slowly inhaled and exhaled. They arrived and her father could barely walk, so she did her best to aid him on the way in. "Come on, you have to stay with me. Make it, please." She mumbled as she rushed into the hospital. "Please! Someone help me- MY DAD NEEDS HELP." A doctor and nurse came up to her, snd took the two to a room. She was told to wait outside, much to her dismay, so she tried to calm down in a seat near the room. After what felt like an eternity, a nurse walked up to the girl and asked if she had a mother. "Of course I have a mother! Can I call her?" She snapped. The nurse took her to a phone, since she had forgotten hers in the car, and dialed her mother's number like a rocket. She picked up within a few rings.

"Hello?" Her mother answered in a curious tone, she didn't know the number.

"MOM! COME TO THE HOSPITAL, PLEASE! DADS SICK!" The girl was on the verge of tears. The mother went silent, but quickly told her she was on her way before she hung up and nade her way to the hospital.

(Y/n) paced around the hospital halls as she tried to make sense of what happened. Her mother called her name and ran towards her. The mother gave her daughter a hug and cupped her cheeks to tell her that everything was going to be ok. "Whats wrong? Where is he?" She asked in the calmest way she could. The teen was crying when she looked into her mother's eyes, and pointed towards the door.