Ch.23: Concerning matters

~Flashback~

"I'm fine, leave already." The blonde male crossed his arms and glared in the direction of the female.

"I... Please I'm sure mom and dad will be home soon. I can wait-" The girl tried to reason with him but saw that she was failing.

"I said leave, Juliet!" Hector snapped as he balled his fists. The girl cowered down and backed away. He had been recovering from his beat down, though his memory was sort of hazy.

"O-ok, Hector.... I'll leave you alone." She walked out of the room and slowly closed his door. The door bell rang and she wiped away the tears that were threatening to fall down her cheek. She gathered her things and ran down the stairs.

"Hey, Juliet. Ready for the sleepover!?" Richie chuckled as he stepped out of the way for her to pass.

"Yeah.." Juliet replied with a sad undertone. She took one look towards her stairs. "I'll be back tomorrow, Hector."

There was a pause before she finally heard him yell. "Yeah. Have fun." Richie pucked up on the slight sarcasm, but Juliet smiled and walked towards the car, a large wave of dread swept over her as she set foot in the car, and her smile dropped. Richie shut her door and it slowly drained away. She took a seat next to Freddy in the car, and Jason began to drive away. She had one last look at her house before she was out of range.

Flashback end-

The two girls sat in the cell like caged dogs. (Y/n) sat still, trying not to make any sudden sound. She knew that escape was futile and that if she tried again, no good could come from it. Juliet shook in fear of what had happened to their friend. 'Is he dead? What did Jason do to him? Why didn't I try to stop him?! How stupid can I get?! I want to see him again. I want to hug him, I want to get out of this place. why did this have to happen? Why us?' she asked herself as she rocked in her spot. She was so scared of what was to happen. (Y/n) was equally as nervous, she felt responsible for all of this.

The next day-

Hector's POV-

My eyes opened as my alarm started to ring. I slammed it off and got up from bed. I grabbed my clothes and headed for the bathroom. My eye was still bruised, and my leg still hurt like a bitch. I could barely walk but somehow it wasn't deep enough to damage the bone. I couldn't remember much, just that I was assulted by someone close to Juliet. I limped into the shower and cleaned myself off, often gasping at the burns from other cuts. After finishing I got dressed, brushed my teeth, and skipped on breakfast. My parents never showed up, so I drove to school. I figured that Juliet left early again, probably feeling guilty about what happened. I rolled my eyes at the thought, but I was a little concerned as she hadn't shown up all weekend. I pulled into the school parking lot. Teens were getting off buses and hanging around. My group of friends were standing near the entrance. I haven't been at school what with the 'accident' and then theweekend. I walked towards them and everyone perked up.

"Yo, Hector. What the hell happened to you?" Asked my friend Andrew.

"I uh... I got into a fight." I lied. I could tell they didnt believe me but we changed the subject and went off to class.

-

Math came around and I sat in my seat. The bell for class rang and I kept checking the door for any signs of (Y/n). "I guess Ms.(Y/n) is out today?" My teacher asked as he took attendance. "Ok guys, let's move on..." My teacher droned on. A few people turned towards the empty seat next to me. I decided to push it off and not question it. 'Maybe she's sick.' I figured and continued with the lesson.

-

Lunch rolled up and I made my way towards my table. All of my friends were goofing around and throwing food. I glanced over at the table my sister and (Y/n) sat and saw that no one was there, not even the boys. I started to get worried and took out my phone to text Juliet. "Who'ya texting? Your girlfriend?" My friends cooed.