Ch.24: Dead or Alive

Flashback~

"JULIET, COME ON WE HAVE TO LEAVE, NOW!" Juliet's mother screamed as she held the boy in her arms. The young girl ran out of the living room and rushed to the front door as the family ran towards the car. They flew down the streets in order to get to the hospital. They didn't even wait to be checked in, they ran the boy to a room and yelled for help.

"OUR SON!" The father cried out. "He needs help, someone please!" They set the boy down and let the professionals handle the situation.

"Mommy... is Hector going to be ok?" Juliet asked as she was pushed out of the room.

"Yes honey, he'll be fine, all fine, just go sit in the waiting room." The doctors were successful in healing the boy. A doctor took the parents aside and started to ask questions.

"What exactly happened to him to get like this?" He tried to be as calm as possible.

"He was playing with his sister around the house... And they were playing on the stairs without our knowledge. I didnt even know until Juliet screamed and-" the mother started to cry.

"He fell down the stairs, is the short answer." He said while rubbing the women's arm. The doctor nodded and took the patient back into the room, leaving Juliet in the waiting room.
'This was all my fault...'

Flashback end-

I sat in the field as my hair blew in my face. Tears fell as I stared at my brother. The gunshot noise faded and I heard loud breathing. I was brought back when I heard another voice. I looked to my left to see Richie and Trevor standing next to each other.

"ARE YOU INSANE?" Richie yelled as he held his hand up to point the gun away. Silence fell over us as Richie hyperventilated. "Trevor, lo-look at me" He forced him to look down at him, but I saw his eyes staring at me. "Are you crazy?" Richie repeated himself. I couldn't even move from my spot. Trevor slowly trailed his eyes towards him, and dropped the gun. "What were you planning to do? Kill her?" He yelled. The neighborhood was so quiet that I'm sure everyone else heard them. "Trevor... I know you- you can't- you're losing it." Richie said as he backed away. "Come on. Juliet. You don't need to stay here, let's take you back down." Richie started to walk towards me. I blankly looked down at my brother and felt all the emotion in my body drain out of me. Richie picked me up and started walking us into the house. "Clean up this mess Trevor. Meet me in your room." He continued on and walked towards the basement. He opened it and walked me down. (Y/n) was in the corner, hugging her knees. "Hey (Y/n), what's wrong?" He tried to comfort her he chained me up.

"Gunshots. Screams. Locked up." (Y/n) muttered as she rocked herself, I couldn't even begin to tell her how I felt, but I had never seen her so scared before. Richie's expression saddened and he walked towards her.

"I know its scary. I'm sorry. I'll get you out of here, and you can live with me. I promise." She didnt smile at his offer, only looked in fear. "I-i have to go talk to Trevor, but stay here." He leaned in to kiss her head but she only scooted more down the wall. He sighed, though I swore I heard a light chuckle, got up and walked out. I looked over at (Y/n) with dead eyes. She looked at me.

"Juliet-" I looked away before she finished, cause I couldn't bare to hear her say my name.

Richie's POV-

I walked to the room and opened the door. Trevor sat on the bed with his hands hanging between his legs, and his head down. "Trevor I- I dont know what to say. I can't believe you do something so... I mean-" I couldn't even form a sentence. Me and Trevor have been through thick and thin. He's told me about his mother, and him being held back. I told him about time being bi, and about my family situation.... 'How do I tell him what he did was so wrong that it could mess everything up?' He just looked at me, with these eyes. 'I don't know why I did it' eyes. He sighed and I felt myself get dizzy. "Jesus.... What are we gonna do..." I asked myself as I slid down the door. I felt my morals slipping out the window with each second and my heart began to pound.