Ch.26: Past Struggles

Flashback-

"Grandma I need you to come over.... Dad's not doing well and he's saying he's pulling the plug on my mom." The boy finished and convinced her to come over. The second she did the father was confused, but angry.

"Whats she doing here?" His speech slurred and his movement wobbly. He tried to go up the stairs to his son.

"Daniel, I raised you better!" She quickly smacked his hand and he flinched back. "Why are you talking about pulling the plug? Especially to your own son?"

The man was struck by the change in tone of the women. She was usually a sweet elderly lady who would give you treats if you told her a story. She had babied him his whole lifex so her tone was shocking to him. She looked as if she could slap her son into another universe. "M-ma I-" he tried to speak but was slapped across the head once more. He sighed and hung his head in defeat. "I'm sorry... The bill is getting too high, and my stress levels have risen. Freddy-" he was close to complain about the boy when the mother interrupted.

"Don't bring the child into this. He didnt do anything wrong." The mother warned.

"I... I just can't do it anymore." The man sobbed as his pride started to fly out of the window. The room became silent except for his sobs.

After a few moments of silence the mother finally spoke. "I'm taking the boy." The old woman declared as she gestured for Freddy, who was standing on the stairs in secret, to go and pack. He was taken aback but quickly ran to his room. The father stared completely dumbfounded.

"Y-you can't just take my kid like that!" The father slammed his fist on table and walked up to his mother. "You have no right to just say your going to take him! He's my son and I provide for him because I'm his parent."

"I might as well be the other parent. I have raised him more than you You work all the time and make me stay here to watch him." The grandmother wasn't wrong. She had been a go to baby sitter ever since he was born, and the distance between houses made it easy for her to go over. The parents had to work late most nights to pay for the house and their child. The father sat in silence as he tried to put his focus on the matter. Freddy walked down the stairs with his stuff and stood in the doorway. "I see your ready, Sweetheart. Go outside and wait in the car." She smiled and gestures towards the door.

"Ok... Bye, dad." The man stared at him in betrayal. Freddy looked fown and walked away. Little did the boy know, that was the last time he would talk to his dad for years. He straightened his back as he heard his dad yell obscenities behind the closed door, and headed for the car. As his grandmother came out of the house he stared at it from the car, nostalgia flowing through him. The car drove away as Freddy began small talk with his grandmother to ease his mind.

flashback~

Richie's POV-

"So wait... He's what?!" Freddy asked as we sat at the kitchen table. I took a sip of coffee and avoided all eye contact.

"Well... Trevor sorta lost it, I guess... and shot him after he kidnapped him. He almost killed Juliet too if I hadn't stopped him." I finished as my heart rate began to grow. Freddy sat in confusion and fear.

"Why would he even... What does Juliet think?" He asked.

"Well... She didnt exactly respond. It was like all the emotion in her body had been sucked out of her and she was cracked. The look in her eyes were haunting." I shivered at the thought and tried to get my mind onto something nicer. "Trevor is cleaning it up right now." I added. Freddy took a quick glance towards the door and visibly shook.

"So... what are we gonna do with him? What if he hurts (Y/n)?" His voice started to get a concerned ring to it. I was a bit hurt that he would accuse my best friend of such a crime.

"I highly doubt it. Hes doing it for (Y/n). He'd probably lose it if he hurt her." He relaxed and sighed, but somehow I think I was telling that to myself as well... he really scared me with his gaze. "For now, we have to just keep him from Juliet. That means if he wants to see (Y/n), then he'll have to tell one of us and we'll bring her to him, thats what we discussed." I recited, and Freddy nodded. We changed the subject to ease my mind. It was what I needed, I couldn't exactly go to my best friend for advice seeing as he's not all there right now. Not to mention he's the reason I'm so uneasy.

Trevor's POV-

I pointed the hose towards the red spots on the ground. Richie ordered me to clean it up just in case and try to hide the body somewhere. I decided that I would take him back to his house. I would leave the gun there with him after cleaning it, and make sure that it looked like he did it himself. If the neighbors complain, the cops can just assume it was a suicide. I heard the parents aren't there anymore, and Juliet won't be going back anytime soon. I was really surprised when Richie stopped me. I just wanted her to be with her brother... she seemed so delusional when he was shot. Plus, if she was gone... things would just be easier for us to get closer to (Y/n), and (Y/n) alone.

I looked down at the body before taking it in. It smelled so bad.. as it had been sitting out for the night. I stared at his face, which did axtually resemble mine. "You stole my face, you bastard. I guess it's good you're gone." I spat out. His eyes were open and looking out, but were ghosted over which spooked me a bit. I sighed and picked him up to sneak him past the kitchen. Afte rmaking it out I laid him in the backseat, and drove to Juliet's house to dispose of the doppelganger.

Your POV-

I sat in the cell as I felt my leg fall asleep once again. I looked towards Juliet, only to see that she was blankly staring off again. "Juliet...?" I finally spoke. My voice was raspy and I could barely speak. She slowly turned her attention towards me and stared with the dead eyes she's had since yesterday. "What happened?" I finally asked.

"...." She stared at me for what felt like decades. "Hector." She simply spoke as she continued with the eyes. I perked up slightly, though considering we were still here, the odds were not in out favor.

"Hector? Was he here? D-did you see him, was he here to help!?" I felt myself getting a little hopeful sigh each question... which was dumb of me.

"He's dead." The atmosphere dropped, and a familar feeling of dread filled my body as she spat out the response.

"He's..." I couldn't even form a sentence. "I'm.. so sorry, Juliet." I laid back and tried to think about everything. 'First I get kidnapped, then Jason probably killed Johnathan, Trevor killed Hector and Freddy is a psycho who doesn't respect boundaries, and Richie....' I couldn't even comprehend anything, but I knew that Richie was my only hope as of right now. My whole body was cold and I couldn't feel my legs. After racking my brian for other topics, one stood out. "S-so Juliet..." I nervously laughed out. She turned her attention to me once more. "How did you meet the guys?"
_____________________________

(Edited.)