Rabbit Cop

Wild Times was doing great. Predators kept showing up. Nick and his friends kept making money to where they could actually afford to have decent things. And the business was kept in good shape. Everything was going so well. Everyone was so happy. Of course, things don't last forever.

..Elsewhere in the Mayor of Zootopia's office...Mayor Swinton blew her white hair out of her face. Being a pig really put a dent on self confidence.

But she still looked fine. Her glittering red dress always made her feel better about herself. She had been getting reports of tons of predators hanging around a small medical clinic in the predator area. This concerned her. Why would they all be hanging out around there?

"Hm.. Darrel, I want an officer to go scope this area out and report back here with news as to why there's a large number of preds hanging out there." A small mouse in the corner nodded, and he quickly walked out the door.

The little mouse made his way all the way to Precinct One Police Station, the ZPD. At the desk he met with a zebra. He told her the news. And she reported it to the water buffalo chief.
Chief Bogo looked at the request from the mayor, then laughed.

"Just a bunch of predators... Oh well, I guess we have to send someone just so she doesn't throw a fit.." he pressed the intercom.

"Hopps, get yourself to my office now". He sat there waiting, until finally the door opened. He looked down to see a little grey bunny with bright purple eyes standing there, waiting for an order.
"Mayor Swinton wants you to go check out a medical clinic in a predator area. She says there's been a lot of activity there and wants an officer to check the place out. You're the only one who's free. Everyone else is on.. more important matters".
The bunny perked up.
"You're finally going to let me do something for once?" she asked. He didn't give her an answer. She sighed, then took the piece of paper with the address of the medical clinic on it and began on her way.

Nick was enjoying himself so much. This was his dream. And it had come true. He looked at the clock. 7:00 PM. The park would be closing in an hour. Almost time to head home and get some rests for tomorrow. Just then, Honey bursts through the door of his office, looking worried. He looked at her surprised. She had been running, and was out of breath. He stood up out of his chair and strolled over to her.
"Easy..calm down.. What's wrong?" he asked her.

"There's.. there's a prey animal at the doors of the clinic. A bunny rabbit. And she's a cop!" cried Honey. Nick's eyes widened. He thought for a moment, then decided on an idea. He pulled out his white gown and his stethoscope from a box and put them on.

"No worries, I'll just play it like I normally do. I'll act like this is just a simple clinic where predators can get what they need for a fair price. And that's why so many show up here. Because of the low costs of medicine. It'll all work out, you'll see" Nick smiled. Honey had her doubts, but she let him go with it.

Nick rushed past everyone and made his way back up to the clinic. He pushed everyone out of there and through the secret passage, and made sure everything was in place. He quickly found his collar and put it back on before the cop saw he wasn't wearing it. He went to the door where the rabbit was waiting. He opened it, and she barged inside without an invitation.

"I'm officer Judy Hopps from the ZPD", she said "I've been asked to visit you're clinic and figure out as to why there are so many predators here all the time."
"Well, I am the only clinic in the area, and I have great prices", said Nick "No wonder. Everyone likes low prices, right?"

Judy glared at him.

"Don't take me for a fool fox. I know your kind likes to be tricky and lie. You better be telling me the straight truth." she said angrily.
"I'm honest as heck, rabbit." he said, some anger in his voice. "Wait.. a rabbit officer?" asked Nick. Judy seemed to take offense to this.

"Just cause I am a rabbit doesn't mean I can't be tough!" she screamed, "Now watch it."

"Okay okay, my bad...", said Nick, "Look, my medicine is cheap. The majority of predators are poor, so they come here for their stuff. That's the full truth as to why there are so many here, okay?"

Judy looked at him, then sighed.

"Alright", she answered "goodnight." She turned around and was about to walk out the door. Clawhasuer however, didn't know she was there. He opened the secret door and saw Judy.

He tried not to gasp. Judy stopped, and looked behind her. Luckily, Clawhauser had shut the door in time for her not to see him. She glared back at the fox who was leaning against a table. He was just watching her leave, not showing any surprise.

So she turned out the door and left. Or well, she didn't leave. She hid in the dumpster out behind the medical clinic. Officer Hopps knew something strange was going on here. She would never trust a fox. She was going to figure this out.