Pent House

The three warthogs searched around Zootopia in a shiny black car. They were nearing Tundra Town, searching for animals who have possibly seen Nick Wilde in the area. The darker one drove, while the other two sat in the back with their guns in hand. One, David, the smaller gray warthog, turned to the others and sighed.

"Do you guy think this is right?" he asked in a deep voice. The other two kept a stern face, not showing much emotion.

"The predators have the collar, why does the mayor think they need a stronger shock? It could kill the predators." he said with a bit of concern in his voice.

The bigger, darker one, Porkchop, laughed.

"Do you honestly care that much about those chompers? Come on David, what have chompers done for us? They tortured and devoured us in the past. Pushed us around in the past. Why do you worry about them?"

David shook his head slowly.

"But these predators have done nothing..."

"These chompers have attacked us again. Fifteen cases of predators turning and attacking prey. A kangaroo is dead because of a tiger. A moose is critically injured because of a leopard. A bat is plucked from the air and mauled nearly to death by a polar bear. A horse was nearly ripped to shreds by a grizzly bear. A porcupine, shredded almost to death by a lion. An entire park of predators, attacked by a savage fox. The chompers are reverting back to their ways. Mayor Swinton is doing what is best for the city. She simply wants to protect the citizens of Zootopia. Can you not see that?" asked Porkchop, who rolled down the window and spit out.

David sighed, nodding slowly.

"I suppose, you are right."

"Of course I am. Now keep looking for the fox. We need to start asking around if we're going to find them. Keep your guns handy. Shoot the fox on sight."

"Yes, sir."

Judy and Nick stood at the front of the elevator that the horse had disappeared in moments earlier. So far, no other animals were in the hallway that the two occupied.

Nick turned to Judy, confused.

"So how do we get up top?" asked Nick, who was swishing his bushy tail back and forth in frustration. He itched the spot where his collar was, pushing his claws underneath the collar as best as he could to reach an inch.

Judy smiled.

"Well, since we have to have a certain card in order for the elevator to allow us to go to the pent house, I figured out another way we can make an entrance." She gestured to an opening just a few feet away. An air conduct. Where the heating and cooling traveled up the building, filtering into all of the rooms.

"You're serious..aren't you?" asked Nick with a frown. Judy smiled, nodding.

The two pulled off the cover and climbed inside, putting their hands on one side and their feet on the other, slowly pushing themselves upwards. Nick was on bottom while Judy was on the top. Nick was having a hard time considering he was taller, while Judy climbed up the air duct with ease. About a minute later, the two could see a faint light coming from above. Judy reached it and pushed open the cover of the new vent. 

Luckily, it came off slowly, and she gently lowered it to the ground before letting go of it. Her and Nick slowly climbed out, touching a dark wooden floor. They took a good look at the pent house.

The floors were dark wood, and a large golden fountain with zebra and gazelle statues were spread out around it, water pouring from buckets in their hooves. Fake and real leaves and an assortment of plants lined the place, with a dark black couch and other furniture sitting in the middle of the room. A bright white piano sat in the further part of the room, facing a large glass window that overlooked downtown Zootopia. Outside, a balcony with potted plants stood. Glass doors led out to the balcony. And a dark chair that matched the couch sat facing the window. 

The room was barely lit, save for a few candles sitting on a dark wooden shelf in the corner. Nick and Judy's shadows cast over the floor, and they walked slowly, trying to not make a sound. Nick tried covering his green collar light with his paw, trying to make him less noticeable.

Judy looked, seeing a small glass vase sitting on a glass table in the room next to the dark chair facing the window. In it, was a purple flower.

Judy motioned for Nick to stop. She knew something was wrong. It was too quiet in here. Besides the water from the fountain drizzling, they couldn't hear anything.

"I think you might have the wrong room." said a dark, deep voice. Judy and Nick stared at the chair, that slowly turned around to face them. In it, sat a dark figure, cast in shadows. A faint green light glowed from it's neck.

He wore a long, dark jacket, and his eyes were a pitch black.

The two stood there, not moving.

The wolf let out a giggle.

"Well, actually, I think you might be in the right room after all."