Gearing Up

The five animals pushed open the door that lead to the bunker, and each climbed out onto the dusty floor. Honey stood up, dusting off her dark gray fur. Judy and Nick stood up, each shaking off the dust they had gotten from the floor.
"So, it's noon now. How are we going to go about this?" asked Honey with a questioning look on her face. Judy stepped forward, hoping she would not cause the badger to get angry again with her presence.

"Well, first we're going to need a way into the building. I don't believe we have any tickets, nor the money to buy some between now and then. We'll have to sneak in another way other than the front doors."

"Um, hello...," started Clawhauser, "We'll use the back doors.."
Everyone glared at him.

"Oh yeah, right." he said giggling. "Most likely have those doors covered by security too."

"Every entrance is most likely going to have some sort of security standing in front of it. They wouldn't want anyone breaking in and seeing the show for free."
Judy's phone blared to life, indicating she had gotten a message. She pulled it out to see that it was from Swinton.

"The mayor..Just messaged me.." she said with concern. Honey rolled her eyes.

"I guess I forgot to ask, you ain't spying on us are you, rabbit?" she asked in a harsh tone.

Judy shook her head.
"No no, of course not. But I don't understand what she needs to tell me." She pulled up the message on her phone. She read aloud.

"Judy, I just wanted to let you know that Animalia tonight has been set to an event to where anyone may attend. It's going to be a spectacular night tonight, as you know. And everyone needs to be there to hear of the news. I ask that you stop working for at least one night and enjoy the show, for free.-Swinton."

"She set it to an event where anyone can attend, no money needed. Why did you think she did that?" asked Nick.

"So she can have as many animals as possible witness the plan she has set in place. And then have as many animals hear her speech on predators. And then hear her exile them. She wants the whole city to see this happen. And if she really is going to shoot the tigers with the serum, then that means she's alright with watching animals be killed, as long as it helps her in the long run. She's crazy..." said Judy, her ears hanging low.

"We'll need weapons to defend ourselves with." said Honey.

"Well, I lost my dart gun back at the Palm Tree Hotel. I did a search for it but never found it. No one at the station said they'd seen it while arresting Wooly either." she finished.

"Pah,"said Honey, waving her paw. "No dart gun is going to stop a raging predator hopped up on Night Howler serum. At least, not right away. It could be too late before the tiger actually falls asleep. No. We need something better. And I have just the things that are going to help us." Honey crawled back down the ladder, then came up two minutes later with a large black plastic bag in hand. She dropped it on the floor, panting. Climbing up the ladder with that much cargo really took it's toll on the badger.

"Alright, these are mostly the guns I've been hoarding over the past few years, to protect me inside my home. But now that we have to go up against the mayor, and also possibly four savage tigers, we got to be prepared." She pulled out a small handgun that was black with white zebra like strips on it. She handed it to Nick.

"Nick, I know you've never really worked a gun in your lifetime, but hold onto it. If the time comes, I'm sure the bunny here can help you." Nick took the machine with caution, then handed it to Judy. He trusted her with it more than he did himself.

"Alright. I'll have a stun gun with me. Just in case. I'll hide it into my pocket. Now, keep your weapons hidden. I'm sure the security guards will be watching with caution. So just lay low and blend in with the crowds."

Nick sighed. "Guess that means I have to wear that jacket again, huh?" he asked Judy with a small smile.

"Afraid so, Nick." she said with a bit of sadness in her voice.

Honey handed pepper spray to Finnick, who tucked it into his green pants pocket.
"You only use that if you need to, kay foxy? Don't use it just because everyone around you is being anoyying." ordered Honey. Finnick frowned, but nodded.
Honey turned to the cheetah.

"You're going to stick with me, okay? I want you to be careful, Benjamin. It's going to be dangerous, and I couldn't stand it if you or Nick or Finnick got hurt."

Judy looked at the badger, knowing that she truly cared for them. They all cared about each other.

"Don't worry Honey, I'll make sure none of them get hurt." said Judy with a kind yet promising tone. The badger looked at her, then nodded.

"Better keep that promise."