Swinton's Plan

Judy didn't know what to say or think. The mayor was going to banish predators from the city? But how? Why?

"Where are you going to exile them to?" asked Judy, trying to sound professional, instead of sounding like she wanted to rip the pig's fat ears off.

Swinton sighed.
"Oh..Well, since Zootopia is the largest city within a five hundred mile radius, I would say they must leave the city, and not come within a fifty mile radius of Zootopia. They can figure out where to go. Back to the untouched jungles and deserts, where those savages belong. I don't care."

"But Ma'am, how would they know where to go? Or what to do? Would they still have to wear collars?"

"Of course. No collar is going to be taken off of a predator on my watch."
"But..The predators in jail..The predators..there's over 17,000 predators living in this city. Where could they possibly all go?"

"As I said, I don't care. Just stay away from the city. Be forced out. Most suburban towns aren't going to want a sudden surplus of predators either. So they will have to travel where they won't be a nuisance. I am thinking on having our top scientists create a new collar. Not only a collar that will shock them when angry, but if they come within a certain distance of Zootopia, will give them a shock as well, making sure they leave for good. Predators in jail will go too. They will be kicked out with the rest of the predators."

"Mayor, why? Why are we doing this?"

The pig raised her eyebrows, as if wondering perhaps she should not have told her plans to Judy. Why was she questioning all of this?

"Judy..Don't you want some revenge...?" she asked.
"What?"

"You were pushed around all your life by animals bigger than you. Stronger than you. That's the way prey animals were treated. But now look. Us animals, like pigs, rabbits, sheep, have been pushed around all our lives. But look at me. I worked my way to the top. I'm mayor. And the only group of citizens in this city that don't support me are predators."

Because you force them to wear shock collars..thought Judy angrily.

"Well, to hell with predators. With them gone, it will make it easier for prey to remain in power." she finished.

Judy backed up a little bit, not knowing what to say.
"When?" she asked.
"Hm?"

"When are you going to exile them from the city?"

"I'm going to be making a public announcement at Animalia after pop star Gazelle finishes her performance."

Judy's eyes widened. Animalia. The animal theater where thousands of mammals gathered to see plays, hear songs, and so much more. And she was going to announce that predators are exiled after Gazelle finished her performance. Judy thought. That was tomorrow night....

"I'm proud of you Judy." said the mayor, knocking Judy out of her thoughts. Judy nodded.
"Oh, thank you Ma'am. I am happy I could of made you proud."

"I guess I'll see you around, lieutenant." smiled the pig. Judy faked a smile back.

The mayor went back to her work, and Judy left through the silver elevator.
She had no idea how to go about this. Nick was going to be banished from the city. Wearing his collar. She would never see him again. And as strange as it was, that made her upset.

She had come to start liking the fox. Enjoying his company. Though it was only two days, she formed a bond with him during that time. And she didn't want to see him suffer any longer. She had to find a way to put an end to Mayor Swinton's plan, an end to the collars. But she wasn't going to be able to do it alone. She need his help. Nick's help.

Swinton pulled open her wooden drawer, revealing a dart gun just like the one Wooly had had. Attached to it was a dark purple vile, containing the night howler serum. She turned the gun over in her hooves, examining it.

"Now that my sheep as been arrested, I've no choice but to keep continuing the attacks myself. One more should do it. And then, at Animalia tomorrow night, the biggest attack of them all will play out. At the end, I will announce predators being banned from the city, and I will be viewed as a hero. The prey will see that perhaps the Night Howlers weren't the only cause of the attacks, and the flowers have the full effect on the animals.  Even with the collar on, they can't control the serum's effect. Everyone will see that these attacks aren't going to end.  They won't stop.  All the prey won't care about the predators, as long as it means they are safe now.. Maybe these predators are reverting back to their savage ways."

Just then, the three warthogs who had been searching earlier strode into view. She gave them a glare, disappointed in them.

"I told you to find that fox and shoot him. And now look. My main shooter has been arrested. And the vast majority of our night howlers have been destroyed."

David muttered angrily.

"Apologizes, Mayor Swinton. We were hot on their tracks, but the rabbit called the police before we could arrive on scene. We were close."

"Well, now the rabbit knows of my plans. But it's alright. She caught the fox. She told me where his park was located. I do believe she's on our side."
The three nodded.

"Be ready for tomorrow night. Tomorrow, I'll shoot Gazelle's four tiger dancers with the night howlers. The police won't get there in time to contain them, and while everyone is panicking, you three will come in and shoot them. Then, after the crowd has been frightened, I will come in and tell them that predators are to be banished from the city. For our protection. The city will see me as the hero who saved them from the dangerous predators. Predators will leave the city. And Prey will be the dominant rulers once and for all."

"Porkchop laughed, while David stood there, keeping his mouth shut. He knew what she was doing was wrong, but he dare not tell her, or else he lost his job. And therefore lost his income. He had a family, and he couldn't risk it. He had to continue. He had to kill a predator tomorrow night.