Palm Tree Hotel

The evening air was dry as dusk was setting across the city. The clouds covered up the moon, but the city lights reflected off, casting a dark orange glow over Sahara Square. Dark trees and the large waterfall could be seen in the distance, with the main part of Zootpia's skyline shining in the background. The train pulled up to its station, letting off animals of all sorts, including a fox and a rabbit.

A few water droplets here and there fell on the two, but the vast majority of the rain would not fall due to this being the desert zone. As soon as the two wandered away from the crowds, they stopped closer to a part of the Square that wasn't so crowded. Only a few stores were open, selling all sorts of treasures. They were selling foods of all sorts too, including berries, watermelons, fish, insects, leaves, anything a mammal could want. Even predators had the opportunity to find what they were looking for here.

A small band of about 5 prey animals, a mouse, a zebra, a kangaroo, a ferret, and a bat were playing instruments, playing a song with a catchy tune. Nick's ears perked up, listening to the lyrics as Judy looked around thinking about a way to get into the hotel.

Nick's listened closely. This song had a nice melody to it. But once he heard what the animals were saying, his ears went down and he frowned.

"Kill the predators. We're gonna make them hurt. Kill the predators. Them predators are the devil. I may be prey but I can see into those soulless eyes, the predator may like me but I don't like him. Won't be satisfied until the devils, I see them all dead."

Just then, the kangaroo who was playing a saxophone looked up to see Nick watching them, his tail lowered between his legs and his ears pinned down.

The kangaroo smiled a mean smile, and held up his middle claw.

Nick growled, and his collar light turned yellow from the anger. He started to take a step towards the prey band but a grey paw stopped him before he could go any further. He looked down at Judy, who was shaking her head.

"Don't fall for it Nick. They're only going to make it worse. We've a mission to finish right now. Ignore them."

"But, Carrots... Can you hear what they're saying? They're calling me the devil..."

"I know, Nick. I know..." Judy grabbed a hold of his arm gently and began tugging him away from the prey band, who was still watching him with a dirty look.

"Chomper!!" laughed one of the animals.

"Yeah!! How's it feel?! After all, you killed us in the past! This is practically karma!!" The prey band started laughing as Nick and Judy walked out of sight. As soon as they had, Judy let go of Nick's arm and stared up. Nick saw her and sighed.

"Sorry Carrots. About lost myself there....."

"Nick, I understand your anger. But we have to keep on task."

Nick moved his head upwards, taking in the sight.

The two looked up to see the magnificent Palm Tree Hotel standing above them, towering over all other buildings in the District. The glass windows reflected the golden light, nearly blinding Nick. He looked to see two giant golden doors in the front, with taxis dropping animals off in the front. They drug suitcases the sizes of mice to as large as a zebra. Animals of all sorts, mostly prey, were entering the building.

A rhino security guard stood outside the door, letting in animals. Just then, Judy spotted a horse police officer walking their way. She quickly motioned for Nick to hop into a nearby bush. Luckily, the road they were on had a lot of lush vegetation for decorations, which made excellent for hiding. They just had to cross the road and then they would be in the building.

The horse walked by without seeing the prey and predator, but Judy stopped Nick when he tried to climb out of the bush.

"No. We need to form a plan before we go back out into the open." said Judy, who was focusing hard on the layout of the building. Nick sighed.

"Why can't you just go through the front door?" he asked.

"Because they might know that you're the "savage fox".

"No. I mean, why can't you just go in first, and I'll find another way inside?"

"No. Too risky. We can't split up. We'll find another way."

"Oh come on Carrots, how else are we going to get inside?" asked Nick, who was starting to get frustrated again.

Judy motioned with her paw, pointing to a large giraffe walking into the building. Behind him he drug along a dark brown suitcase, big enough for both of the small mammals to fit inside.

"You're not serious..rabbit.." asked Nick, sighing.

Judy smiled.

Judy pushed herself out of the bush, then pulled Nick out with her paws. He quickly brushed himself off, then took off after Judy who was already sprinting towards the large doors into the building. She skidded to a halt right behind a taxi car before motioning for Nick to follow underneath the vehicle. 

They both dove underneath the car, trying to be as quiet as possible. A couple hooves walked by the car, then the car door opened, and then a large elephant got out, dropping his suitcase on the ground. He stretched, then began walking towards the doors before a coin rolled out from underneath his feet.

Judy had rolled it out there, trying to distract him so there would be time for her and Nick to climb inside the suitcase before anyone would notice. Since the suitcase was right next to the car, Judy unzipped it while the elephant was attempting to bend over to pick up the coin. She unzipped it wide enough and climbed inside, Nick following closely after her. Then, her paw reached around the outside to zip back the case. She left a small hole open for air and for a way to unzip it again when the time came. 

But they were in. The elephant succeeded in acquiring the coin before he picked up the suitcase and began on his way to the hotel. Only, Judy hadn't realized one thing. The taxi that they had been hiding under drove away, revealing a black and yellow dart gun lying on the concrete.