Rebellion?

"What do you mean?" asked Nick curiously.
The water buffalo sighed.

"Well, since technically Officer Hopps broke you out of jail the second time, we're going to have to speak with her about that when she gets back."

Nick's ears perked up.
"Secondly, even though you did open an illegal theme park, take predator's collars off, break out of jail, and then take your collar off again, you did show acts of good. You did help Hopps solve a case, stopped a master criminal from framing and banning predators for good, and also saved Hopps from being mauled to death by tigers. So...I believe it's fair if you're let free."
"Really?" asked Nick excitedly. The buffalo nodded.

"Nick! Amazing! You're going to be let free." said Clawhauser happily, his tail wagging back and forth.

"You still have to perform community service to make up for your wrongdoings." said the chief. Nick's ears fell back down.

"Oh well.. you're still going to be free again." said Honey.

"Heh..As free as a predator can be anyway." he said sadly, rubbing his neck.
They all looked at the ground, knowing what he meant. Chief Bogo straightened himself up, keeping his serious tone.

"Well, no need to get that upset. You did start something." he said.

"I did?" asked Nick curiously.
"Yeah Nick! Haven't you seen it on the news?" asked Finnick.
"No? I've been here..." he said.

"Nick, there's been a protest." said Honey.

"A protest?"
"Yes. You're stupid self is starting things up again. You're going to get yourself killed one of these days, you know. It's amazing you didn't get killed earlier. If that rabbit hadn't of been there.." said Honey angrily.

"I know..But what is the protest for?"

"There's been predators of all sorts lining up outside Animalia, just in the past hour! Even this early in the morning!" said Clawhauser.

"Yeah Nick, they were even quoting you." said Finnick.

"Predators are no different! They're no different from any prey animals! And I am tired of it! All predators are tired of it! We're tired of being treated differently! Treated like monsters! Tired of being forced to wear a SHOCK collar around our necks!" Finnick repeated Nick's words.

"They're saying that?" asked the fox, who was twiddling his thumbs. Everyone nodded.

"Yeah. Everyone's seeing your move as an opportunity to speak out against the government about collars. They were holding signs up and everything. There were at least 200 predators there at the protests.  And guess what?" he asked.

"W..What?"

"There were even PREY animals there too! For predators! A kangaroo, zebra, rhino, horse, a couple of bats, some bunnies, and even GAZELLE and her last tiger dancer are there!!" he practically shouted with joy. Nick took this all in. He had actually started a..rebellion?

"She heard about the framing of the predators by the mayor, and also your speech. Turns out, she's always agreed. I mean, she works with four predators everyday. So I am sure she probably saw what the collar really did." said Clawhauser.

"There was even the prey animals that started taking a really big stand. I saw a kangaroo that was wearing a collar. There were a few other preys wearing one too. They say they put it on to show the harsh reality of the collars. Everyone freaks out when they see a collar on a prey, so why not freak out when you see one on a predator?" Said Finnick.

"Well, I'll let you guys off." said the chief. "Stay out of trouble, report back here on Monday for your chores for community service."

Nick watched the buffalo leave. But he turned around, facing the fox once again.
"Oh, and, enjoy your clean record, Wilde."

Nick nearly hopped off the bench. His record was CLEAN. He wouldn't be held against everything that he had done for the predator population.

"Well would you look at that. Looks like Nick got out of the slammer once again. But you need to be careful. Your lucks going to run out one of these days." warned Honey.

"Thank you guys..so much.." laughed Nick. The four of them came together, making a large hug. They didn't care who was watching. They'd been through a lot together.

"Still sucks you have to pick up trash along the side of the streets." said Finnick. Nick shrugged.
"Ah well..Beats sitting in a tiny, cold cell for months."

They hugged for a little longer, then let each other go, brushing themselves off. Nick straightened out his shirt, then readjusted his collar to where the box part with the light was right underneath his chin. He sighed, itching his neck where the collar was a moment later, wishing the itch would go away. Oh how great it felt to have that thing off.  He missed it already.  His fur was already almost permanently matted because of the collar.

"Man, I don't know what might make this morning better." said Honey. "How about a decent breakfast with extra insects and fish?" she asked, smiling. Clawhauser and Finnick nodded.
"Mind...if I join?" asked a small voice. They turned their heads to see a small gray bunny, who had a plain light blue shirt and black pants on instead of her uniform. She looked tired, and needed to brush her fur. But other than that, looked alive. Her side was bandaged, but she was walking and talking.

"Judy!" shouted Nick. He ran to her, and she bounced into his arms, giving him a hug.