Alexander

[March, 2017]
A/N: this back story goes in order of the lyrics from the song Alexander Hamilton. So go listen to that if you don't remember

*Rachel Faucette is Hamilton's mummy according to Wikipedia :)*

[May, 2017 edit] I never thought I would get so many reads on this it was just an idea that blossomed into what it is now. Thank you to everyone who reads this book and votes on it, it makes me feel like I might actually be able to publish a book in the future. Ily all ❤️

Co-written by OwlWithAHat

**Bits of backstory**
I can hear the screams from outside my home. My mother and father squeeze me tightly, protecting me from anything and everything that could happen. My mother's birthday is ruined. The hurricane was prepared for, but this was no small natural disaster. I hear thunder and wind and the rain is pounding down on our windows. Meanwhile I shake in fear of the tragedy and death partaking just outside the no-longer comfort of my own home. I could hear my heart in my ears, I was starting to feel dizzy, and I was seeing double. All I remember is my mother's comforting words "Everything will be alright, Ally.." and then I blacked out.

Alexander's P.O.V
I walked into the new school, nervous of everything from the bullying, to the mocking, to the teachers. It also doesn't help that I'm one year ahead.. and that it's halfway through the school year. God, all I see are eyes on me as I walk into the building and some whispers.

"...Is he the new kid?.."

"I've never seen him before."

"He's so small, I bet he's another freshman"

I grab my inhaler from my pocket and keep walking.

The bell went off, indicating that first hour was starting. The teenagers in the halls scattered to their classes and the hallways were soon dead.

I've been clean for a week, seven little tick marks have been drawn on my right wrist to represent this. I pull the cuffs of my sleeves over my hands and walk into the principal's office to get my schedule and figure out where all my classes are.

I knock on the door. "Come in!" I hear a muffled voice say. I walk in, and there he is. The principal of the school, George King. He was head deep in some papers, when I coughed to grab his attention.

"Ah! Mr. Hamilton! Welcome, feel free to sit anywhere. I'll be with you in a second."

He seems so nice, maybe the year won't be so bad after all. I remember something that my mother told me to give to him, and rummage through my bag to try to find it. While he's looking from the papers he placed on his desk from the computer screen, I found the paper and read it one last time before giving it to him.

*****

"Dear Mr. George King,

My son Alexander has had a very difficult life. I shall not say, for he can tell you on his own time if he feels it necessary. But for this reason, he does not talk to anyone, he has restrained himself from being close to anyone for fear of losing them, disincluding me. I will be gone soon, and he needs not only someone to rely on as an acquaintance, but something he is interested in to keep his spirits high. He enjoys debate and politics. He loves reading and writing. He's a very energetic boy, and I hope he can be accepted in this new school.

-Rachel Faucette

*****

As he read the note, his smile turned to a frown. He pondered for a minute after reading it and leaned forward, "Would you like me to refer to you by your first name, last name, or full name?" I raised my pointer finger to indicate the first choice he laid on the table. "Okay Alexander. So I will have a hall monitor show you around the school before you head to your first class. Here is your schedule, a list of sports and clubs, and the room number for the counselor's office. I hope you have a nice rest of the year, and you may always find comfort here in my office." He gave me the papers, waved me off and looked back at his computer intently copying down whatever was on the papers.