Alexander

A/N: This chapter is a filler for when Alex finds out, read at your own risk.

Co-written by OwlWithAHat

Alexander's P.O.V
On Sunday, James came to the hospital for my last day. He talked about how he and Usnavi made plans for us to move in with him. He said they figured out all of the bedrooms and bathrooms and closets. It was going to be great. It makes me so happy knowing that he's fine, I must just be crazy.

After James and I talked, everyone met at the hospital like it was some big thing. Sure, I was thankful to get out of that hell hole, but it wasn't that big of a deal. John brought his recording of The Story of Tonight. He has such a beautiful voice. We sang along to it as the words flowed out of his mouth. His voice matched the recording perfectly, velvety and calm.

His eyes held such passion across his freckle filled face, like cinnamon was sprinkled across his cheeks. They coat his symmetrical face asymmetrically. Man, it was intoxicating.

Everyone seemed to love how John sang, not just me. He just has that certain aura, a charismatic personality. He has such a calm and collected voice, it makes me wonder, does he practice or does it come natural?

Let me tell you, walking out of that hospital was the best feeling of my life. Sure, I was able to get up and walk around and I had the window open every once in a while, but this was so much better. I never realized how much I could miss the smoggy air of New York City. "Where do you guys want to go first?" I asked, being polite and trying not to be dumb and excited about stepping outside for the first time in four days.

"Alexander, you're the ones who's been caged in for so long, why don't you decide?" Lafayette suggested.

"Well," I started, "all of my ideas are kind of old school, but still fun in my opinion. I say we go and do some bowling." I haven't gone bowling since we first moved to the US. It was so much fun. We would use bumpers and everything. "The only thing is I don't have money, and I'm stubborn about that."

"Today is your day Alexander. We will pay for you." Lafayette stated. I smiled at the kind gesture. The walk from the hospital to the bowling alley was tiring from not moving my legs at all for almost a week, but it was worth it. When we entered, Lafayette paid for four games for five people.

"Hey John, I think you should use the pink ball." Hercules said, walking over to the ball rack. John hit him in the arm and grabbed a nice green color. "Of all colors, why green?"

"It's the closest color to my turtle." John said. I swear he's obsessed with it.

We all grabbed a ball and started playing. It started out competitive but it turned into fun and games. We were throwing one handed, left handed, right handed, two handed. Some of us were really dumb and threw it backwards. Lafayette slipped a few times from crossing the dotted line, then proceeding to complain how oily the bowling place is. We all shook our heads.

"Last game. Place your bets, who's gonna win?" James asked. I thought back to our previous scores. Being that no one had reached 100 in all of three games, I guessed it would be James. (I won, I don't care if the scoring says differently.)

We all decided to just eat the greasy pizza from the alley for lunch since it was decent price and we were already there. "Where to next, Alex?" Hercules asked.

"Guys, I've had enough fun for one day." I said firmly. I was exhausted, my cheeks were red, there were sweat beads appearing on my forehead. They kept insisting.

"Man, how about we go skating. I'm sure there's a roller rink around somewhere." Hercules suggested. Everyone seemed to agree with it so I just ended up following them.

By the time we got there my legs felt like jelly, I was extremely tired, and I was starting to feel cranky. Plus the fact that I don't know how to roller skate. And it seemed I was the only one.

I sat down and played with the laces before tying the skates onto my feet. Standing up was a challenge, I started wobbling back and forth. By grabbing the ledge, I was able to regain my balance. I made my way over to the circle of people skating around and panicked. I'm going to fall and get trampled. I thought.

Taking a deep breath, I pushed myself off of the ledge and slid towards the circle where all of my friends were. They were skating much too fast for me. It was difficult to catch up because how am I gonna figure this out on my own? I had no idea. I looked down at my feet to make sure I knew what I was doing. By the time I had gotten to where I thought my friends were, they had vanished. I sighed and sat down, this wasn't nearly as fun as bowling. Even when the lights had dimmed and the music turned on, I was sulking in a seat by the DJ.

As I'm trying to relax, I feel someone tug on my arms, pulling me out of my seat and onto the wooden floor. I panic for a second and look to see John pulling me behind him, his fingers laced in between each of mine. He looked back at me and turned around. I must say, I was quite surprised, I had never seen anyone roller skate backwards until this moment. He slowed his speed, making sure I was able to keep up. It's funny how you don't notice something until you see it for yourself, like a cut or a bruise. I had never noticed that I was skating perfectly fine without leaning forward or anything. The only thing keeping me up was John.

He seems clingy, not like I minded it. It was nice being able to have a just-John moment. I've had James moments, and certainly Lafayette moments. Hercules didn't seem like that type of person, so it doesn't matter much with him.johns chocolate orbs met my gaze, which is when Lafayette connected himself to my other side. I can confidently say that because of my friends, I had fun. I would have never thought to come here.

After skating was over, my friends decided to walk me home despite the fact that they wanted to do so much more. "Guys, I appreciate the fun day, especially since I'm out of the hospital. But I'm tired and I gotta go to bed before I pass out." I explained.

"Awe man! You sure? There's plenty of time left before it's 9:00." Hercules pleaded.

"Guys, I really should go. I'm tired and kinda dead inside after today." I said, scratching the back of my head.

They all left, understanding. I turned to knock on the door, but then remembered this was technically where I lived and don't have to. I slipped my shoes off with ease. I checked the time, it was 7:45. Just enough time to proof read my essay and print it out. Walking up the stairs felt weird. I had always lived in a one-story house. The railing felt cold and smooth as I made my way up to the carpeted hallway upstairs. I looked at the few doors that were closed.

"Usnavi? You home?" I called. Silence. I open the doors one by one to get a good grip on where I am. I've been to his house only a few times when mother was alive. One room was nice and large. Twin bed, white walls, decent size closet and some nick nacks.

The a next room was pretty neutral too. It was a light yellow color with a twin bed also, with a slightly bigger closet and a full body mirror next to the chair provided.

One room left. And then a scream breaks the silence. A scream that shatters your very soul and makes you question if the good really outweighs the bad. It was mine.

There was Usnavi, his limp body hung from the ceiling fan of what I'm assuming was his room. I collapsed, unable to move. I was sobbing and shaking until the late hours of the night. I don't know what time it was that I finally fell asleep, but I can say that if I could trade his life for mine, I would in a heart beat...

ALTERNATIVE ENDING for mariannawrites

Gigantic gay orgy then Alex runs off. He's found in his house, hanging from the fan. Not in a bad way. He's just holding it and spinnin around. He s c r e a m s.