Christmas

Alex P.O.V.
Okay, John is in London and I'm here alone with two friends and it's holiday break and I'm expected to be an amazing boyfriend. What am I supposed to do?

I wondered what to get John for Christmas for our first year as a couple. And of course, he is overseas, so I can't really do much.

Sure, Lafayette and Hercules are good friends with him, but they've never had to buy a gift for their boyfriend. They're both straight. (Lmao u thought)

I'm good with words, I'll write him a letter.

My beloved John,

These few months have been awful lonely without you, makes me feel so alone. I love you more than some silly words on paper can express. I hope you are having a wonderful, beautiful London holiday, even though Christmas isn't for a few days. But by the time you get this, it'll probably be the day before or after..

You make my heart melt and my eyes water, for I can't handle looking at such perfection without overflowing with emotions. My hand reaches for yours even as you are overseas, and the touch of your lips makes my body turn numb. My dearest, John, I love you.

~Lexi

I looked at the masterpiece in awe as I sealed the envelope. He will for sure love this.

For good measure, I bought an ugly winter turtle sweater a few days ago. I just didn't know how to present it to him until now.

I closed the box and taped it shut, put some stamps on it, and dropped it off at the post office.

I hope he likes it..

John's P.O.V
It's December 25th and I'm all alone in London. I knew this would be a bad idea. I haven't heard from Alex in a few days because of the overseas messaging cost. I miss my Lexi.

I got a package in the mail yesterday, unwilling to open it. I tossed it into my closet of the apartment that Washington had secured for my visit.

But today, my curiosity had gotten the best of me, as I have been alone for the best of 6 months and I don't really have much else to do. Christmas music was playing lightly in the background as I sat in the undecorated apartment.

It was a light box, nothing much to be in it I expected. Upon opening it, to my surprise I saw an envelope that had that familiar cursivesque. My Lexi.

I tore open the envelope and read the letter over and over again. My eyes began to water as I glanced in the box. I saw a fuzzy collar and a red sweater folded neatly in the box. As I picked it up, I saw the small turtles on it with a mother turtle wearing a Santa hat. I put it on immediately.

I cried and cried until I could cry no more. My Lexi remembers me. I love you Alexander Hamilton.

~~~~~~~~~

OKAY SO

Merry Christmas / happy holidays everybody! It was pretty busy for me, between three parties all in a row and a  stressful family reunion with 400+ people. Although I am extremely happy and thankful for each and everyone of my family members, even if I don't know much of them. And I'm thankful for each and every one of you guys. All 200 of you guys, active followers or not. You guys are app amazing, thank you for giving me feedback and for enjoying my story. I love you all ❤️