Alexander

A/N: If you couldn't tell by now, every other chapter is Alexander to ensure I don't stray away from the story :)

Co-written by OwlWithAHat

Alexander's P.O.V
John and I talked for what seemed like hours. Just me and him.

"Hey I'm sorry for everything. Being rude to you and not warning you about Jefferson and everything.." John said lightly.

I thought this was a joke, "There's nothing to apologize for. Jefferson is naturally a prick, I didn't tell you Lafayette gave me your number, and everything else is fine."

"I don't know I just..." He trailed off.

"I swear if you feel guilty I'm going to punch your face in and then we'll both be in here." I said only half joking.

"Man I'm just glad you're safe." He said, hugging me. "Hey, I know it's kinda white, but did you want to take a selfie with me just so I can like tell the Schuyler's you're okay? They really liked sitting with you at the table the day that um.." he motioned to my burns, "that happened."

I nodded hesitantly as John put his arm around my shoulder delicately. "Don't forget to smile." He laughed.

When he took the picture, I wanted it erased immediately. I don't care if I look genuinely happy laughing with John, I feel like the pits and I really honestly don't want to remember my stupidity almost getting me killed. Of course I would never say that to him though. Look how happy he is.

"Should I add them to the group chat or should I just send it to them individually?"

"Doesn't matter." I said. Either way it'll get circulated throughout the entire group of friends I have. To be honest the only one I trust with that picture is me or Lafayette.

"Aaaaand sent." He said after a few minutes. "I just added them to our group chat."

"The one that I'm not even in." I said with fake sadness, giving a pouty face.

"You're adorable," he said naturally, but then realized what he said. Instead of addressing it, he left the comment to hang in the air above me, making me flush pink. "If you don't know you're adorable, then what have you been using as a mirror," he said jokingly. He seems to joke a lot when he's nervous.

"Well what about you? You're pretty perfect yourself. Deep brown eyes, perfect fluffy ponytail, and your freckles--fuck, those freckles." I said, not caring about what came out of my mouth at this point. It was all free game.

"Fuck those freckles?" He said, laughing.

"Yes, if I could take each freckle off of your face and fuck them individually I would. I love freckles." I joked. We were both dying.

"Weird flex but okay." He said through laughs. I pushed his arm playfully. We sat there laughing until the giggles ceased and it was just us in the room. Silence.

"You know, I never realized you had a great sense of humor. Hercules is a little like that too."

"Don't compare me I'll slap you." I said half angrily half jokingly.

"Sorry, sorry!" John said, his hands in front of his face defensively.

I got quiet again. There was nothing to talk about. I laid back down on my bed and closed my eyes, hoping John would get the idea that I was tired and needed to be taken care of. He got the memo; he opened the door for whoever else was here to walk in. Lafayette, my brother, and John were all standing around me. Lafayette came to my side and traced my scars sadly, like had done earlier today.

"Hey man, we gotta get going soon, but I'm glad I got to see you." My brother said quickly.

"You too." I replied. He sounds bored. Does he want to leave? Does he not want to be here? Did he not come and get me on purpose? All of these thoughts flooded my head as my friends turned to me and talked sweet words to me.

James looked around the room, every once in a while looking at my friends with sad eyes. "We gotta go." He said suddenly, looking out the window. My friends looked at him and.. growled? "I know, I don't want to leave him either. But visiting hours are over.." he said. I know what that means.

Lafayette and John both kissed either side of my head, making me chuckle sadly that they were leaving.

Once the door closed, silence filled the room. Cold, lonely silence. I picked at the dead skin on the edge of one of my burns until the skin around it turned raw. I sat there for hours waiting for them to give me something. Medication, food, water, magazines for all I care.

My mind started to wander. From Usnavi, to Lafayette, to father, to James. Why didn't he want to see me? Am I just too dumb for my own good? Am I really that bad of a brother?

As these thoughts filled my head my phone had buzzed. It buzzed and buzzed until I pulled myself into reality to check it.

More than half of them were from Lafayette, sending me pictures of all of the squad being weirdos. The other maybe 30% were John and Usnavi by themselves. Asking me if I was alright, if I needed company without them being there. There was one from my brother:

'James: I'm sorry.' Was all it said. What does he need to apologize for? No one is at fault but me..

'Me: For..?' I wrote back. I waited for an answer but never got one. I decided to text the squad when I felt better.

Group Homo

Me:hey y'all.

Johnny Boy: Yo I just got home. Your brother is great for driving me

Me: ye

FrenchFry: Mon Ami how are you feeling

Me: I mean I could always be better

BRRAH: Hey man you looked pretty badly burned, you aight?

Me: don't worry about me. It's a hospital, what are the odds they're gonna let me rot?

Like they let my mother rot.

Me: I'm gonna get some sleep but I'll see you all tomorrow?

FrenchFry: no doubt I will be there by your side tomorrow

BRRAH: Can't, got work. Sorry

Johnny Boy: I have chores and homework  :(

Lafayette honestly would put anything aside for me when he barely even knows me. Why doesn't he just treat me like Hercules and John? He's a man of mystery.

But at least someone is seeing me tomorrow. Doesn't matter if it's not James or Usnavi. Lafayette is a true friend.