Alexander

A/N: the beginning occurs while he is asleep :)

Co-written by OwlWithAHat

Alexander's P.O.V
The same thing plays over and over again as I watch it happen from a distance. Numerous amounts of tears and flashbacks and mind numbing tragedies all played within a matter of seconds in my head.

I watch through the window at my shaking body is enclosed in my mother and father's bodies. The wind is getting harder and faster outside, while the rain feels like needles plunging their way into my skin.

Out of body experiences are weird, because you feel everything that's happening to you plus everything that's happening you your body. So as the wind and rain hit me from the outside of my house, I feel the warmth of my parents bodies so close to mine. I see James at our feet and I feel him grab one of mine. I reach down to grab his hand as I slowly start collapsing.

Ow. I feel my head hit my floor as I look at my limp body in between the two adults, closed off by my older brother. As the wind slowly decelerates, the rain gets lighter.

A few blinks and there I am with Mom, crying about our father leaving us. "It's all my fault!" I say. Those words echo in my head as my mother tries her best to comfort me. My brother is there, whispering comforting words into my ear. For the umpteenth time, I run to my room, denying the comfort from my family -- or what was left of it. I lay flat down on my bed, crying for hours until I've cried all I can and fall asleep.

A few more blinks and there I am in the hospital with my cousin, watching my mother have the life slowly sucked out of her. The nurses told us to walk out of the room. When my body left, I stayed. I watched as the took multiple tests before confirming that she was leaving too fast, and that they couldn't keep up. That next morning, they pulled the plug.

Blinking once more, I saw Usnavi. Wait, this is the first time I've seen this. He's crying, muttering something about family and friends and some other words that I couldn't make out. He suddenly stood on a chair with a rope attached to the ceiling fan. He slips his neck into the noose.

No, not you too, please don't do this.

He smiled with his eyes closed. He whispered my name, and stepped off the chair. As soon as I heard his neck snap, I woke up, covered in sweat and bandages.

I started to freak out, thinking to myself. Is this really happening? Is Usnavi okay? Is it because of me? Where is he now? All of these thoughts flooded my head as the heart monitor started beating faster and faster the more frantic I became. I tried calming myself down with the thought of my newly obtained friends. Eventually, the heart monitor went back to normal, and I pushed myself to sit up.

I very soon found out just how badly burns hurt when they're in the creases of skin around your forearms and upper arms. I feel like I could kill myself just by rubbing two burns together. I oughta give it a try. My chest was also wrapped up, which hurt like hell because it was too tight, tighter than my binders. At least it's distracting me from the burns. Actually, a few burns had made their way to my slit wrists, which was not very fun at all..

I sat there for what felt like hours and what was actually maybe 30 minutes before a nurse walked in to check on me. "Oh, you're awake!" She said cheerily.

I nodded my head and smiled slightly. She came over and softly removed the bandages so she could replace them with fresh ones. "H-how long..?"

"Oh a few days, honey. Don't worry, your friends and family are all in the waiting room." She said.