Lafayette

For people like me who had to look it up - platonic means friendly/nonsexual

SO DOES ANYONE ELSE SKIP THE VERY END OF BLOW US ALL AWAY SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO HEAR GUNSHOTS OF SADNESS??

Co-written by OwlWithAHat

Lafayette
Alexander seemed to be doing better his first week back. He caught up on all of his homework, which meant minimal sleep and food, but if that's what it took then that's what happened.

He didn't ask about my little outburst, which made me happy. I would have talked​ to him about it but it was my problem and no one really needed to know what I was going through.

Hercules drove Alex and I back to Alex's house after school on Friday. He immediately walked up the stairs to his room and threw his backpack on his bed. The purple bags under his eyes were more prominent that day than I've ever seen them, he looked like he could pass out at any moment.

"That was the most I've ever worked my entire life," he said, although he was probably exaggerating. I think he worked just a bit harder trying to skip a grade.

"Oui, I'm proud of you though. Being able to keep up the grades even after being absent for three days." I said.

"It's the worst. I had to teach myself the math lesson because I have no friends in that class. The teacher was no help, he didn't even teach it so the students could understand it. Ugh." He sighed into his pillow.

I patted him on the back, he really does work non stop. I sat on the bed with him trying to think of conversational topics while also pulling out my phone." John seems really excited to go away for a bit, I don't think he likes New York very much." I joked.

Alexander laughed a little bit. "Yeah, I'll miss the kid." He said somewhat upset.

"Alex, that 'kid' is still a year older than you. And I didn't think you talked to him that much."

"Well I don't much, but when I do he's fun to talk to, and he's nice like you." He said calmly.

I decided to tease him, "You like him, don't you?"

He looked at me confused, "What?"

"You like him, monsieur." I said once more.

"Why would you say that?" He asked.

"No reason." I said smirking. I turned to look at him to see a light blush dusted on his cheeks.

"Wanna watch a movie?" He asked suddenly. "James won't be home until ungodly hours of the night." He said dramatically.

"Depends on the movie."

"Forrest Gump?" He asked.

"What's that?"

"It's settled." He said quickly and went to look for the movie. I had no idea what it was, I'd never even heard of it the two years I was here.

He pulled out a VHS that was in decent condition, but was as dusty as an untouched bookshelf. (which you will never find in my house :)

He slipped the VHS into the player and turned on the TV to a specific channel. "Man, me and Usnavi used to watch this all the time." he said with a hint of sadness.

I walked over to the VHS player where he stood and hugged him from behind. "Shh, I'm here. Why don't we just watch the movie?" I asked. He nodded his head slightly. I kissed him on the top of the head, purely platonically, and sat down next to him as the movie started.

Don't get me wrong, it was a damn good movie, but some of it was just plain strange. The guy that wouldn't stop talking about shrimp, lieutenant Dan, ping pong, and Jenny. It was a long ass movie too.

Looking next to me revealed a sleeping Alexander, his head laying on my shoulder with his mouth open, weakly snoring.

I rested my head on his and closed my eyes, eventually falling into the abyss of sleep.

~~~~~~~~

I woke up hours later with a blanket that magically appeared on top of us. Looking out the window showed that it was dark outside. I guess I'm staying the night, I thought.

Getting up was a little hard, I had a pain in my neck from how I slept, and my back wasn't used to sleeping sitting up.

After a while of stretching, I noticed a light on in a room on the main floor. I tiptoed to the room to see James looking at his phone, "Hey Laf." He said.

I checked my phone, "It's 2:43, what are you doing up?" I asked.

"I just got back, and I was really hoping I didn't wake either of you up, you looked cute." He said quickly.

"W-what??" I asked, flustered.

"Man, the kid wants to be a dude but he acts like a straight little girl." He said, sipping from a water bottle that magically appeared in one of his hands.

"So, we're not going to address what you just said at all?" I asked, a little irritated.

"Man, I know what y'all are. I'm surprised you haven't fucked yet with how open you are." He said. I stiffened. "I even got a picture." He said laughing, showing me the picture of us sleeping. He was angled inward toward me, our hair was everywhere.

Yeah, it was an adorable picture, but we didn't like each other. I thought of Alexander like a brother. I just wanted to snuggle back up to him and fall asleep at that point.

"If you stare any harder at my phone you'll burn holes into the screen, just gimme your number and I can send it to you." He said suddenly, which made me blush really hard.

I crossed one arm over my body tightly and rested my other elbow on top of it, placing my mouth in my hand, "I don't like him." I said into my hand.

"Sure you don't." He said, handing me his phone. I decided why not. I quickly my number into his phone and gave it back. "So your choice, I could either give this to you and delete it, or I could use it as blackmail." He said jokingly.

"Just send it to me." I said embarrassedly.

"Send what to you?" A sleepy voice said from behind us. I turn to see the almost child like Alexander rubbing his half opened eyes.

Lightly touching his forearm, I turned him around. "Nothing, mon amor, go back to sleep." I said quietly. He looks at James, then at me. He shrugs and walks back to the warm spot on the couch.

James chuckled, "Say what you want, but I see it clearly." (Fuq u James)

My phone buzzed a moment later and I see the picture pop up on the screen. What in the hell is wrong with his brother?

By the time I walked back to the couch Alexander was already fast asleep. I laid back down and crawled under the blanket next to him. I pulled him close for more warmth and comfort before I fell asleep again

°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°

DAMN LAFAYETTE SLEEPING WITH ALEXANDER AGAIN I SWEAR I DONT SHIP LAFAYAM THIS IS JUST HOW IT GOES FOR THE STORY TO PLAY OUT