John Laurens

Heyo this is the last chapter. Sorry, but it has to end eventually :(

All of the comments I get are great and funny and they give me life. I forgot about this for a few weeks because of writer's block but finally I'm trying to get it out

Co-written by OwlWithAHat

TW: Using "autistic" as a way to describe someone who is not the brightest person ever.

John
I've always wanted this day to come. My last day at home, the last day before I finally get to experience something other than what I've always known. But I didn't think I would be so hesitant to go.

The plane is leaving at 5:45pm, yet I have been up since 6, thinking about these past few months. When I found out about Alexander. When I helped him with Jefferson. When he was in that fire. When we had that sleepover. When we kissed.

So many memories in just a short time. So many emotions and ups and downs. It's hard to just.. let that all go in a day.

How do you say goodbye? How do you let all of what you've known into the wind? I'm going to be gone for a full summer. I won't be back until this time next year, a whole 162 days. (I calculated that so I could be a dork and count down the days)

I checked my phone at 4 to make sure everyone got there early so we could hang out one last time in the airport lobby.

Everyone was rather excited that I was doing something with my life. I couldn't shake the feeling that they were happy I was leaving. Maybe they don't like me. Maybe they want me to leave. Maybe they're happy because they don't like me.

Well anyways, we have one last time to hang out and dick around before I'm finally out of their lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The airport was really busy, almost like the halls of our school. Everyone was either hurrying or eating.

The line for the bag check was really long, and the line for the full body scan was even longer. It made me shudder, the fact that I was going to be on an airplane for the first time in my life by myself

What if the plane crashed? What if I was seated next to a talkative person? What if I throw up on the plane?

The anxiety started to kick in before I felt my pocket vibrate from my phone. It was the group saying they'd be there soon. My eyes started throbbing due to stress.

I waited in the lobby for the group to show up. I didn't know if this was going to bed loud and obnoxious or quiet and awkward.

Either way, I was not prepared for my friends walking through the doors of the airport. They were chatting about anything and everything like always, and then they saw me. Their faces lit up as they sped up their walking pace.

As soon as they came up to me something felt wrong. They had plastered smiles on their faces and were standing awkwardly.

Lafayette was the first to speak, "Mon ami, today is the day. Are you, eh.. excité?" He asked.

I smiled and hugged all of them. "Guys, I've never been more excited my whole life. I'm actually leaving. I get to go to London, I get to see different landscapes and experience different people and food and scenery. And I'm away from my dad for a year." I said happily.

They all looked at me with sad eyes. "We're gonna miss you, J." Hercules said. He hasn't called me J since I came out to my father. (A/N why are dad's assholes in hamilfiction)

I hugged tighter. "I'm still gonna be here guys." I said and held up my phone. "Just shoot me a text whenever you can."

They all nodded. Alex was insanely quiet this entire time, "Lex, are you okay?" I asked. He stayed silent.

Hercules and Lafayette shuffled to some chairs on the other side of the room so we could talk.

He burrowed his head into my chest and pulled his arms around me. "Have fun." he said quietly.

I could feel his tears soak through my shirt and land on my chest. I pulled him in for a tight hug. "Don't go looking for other people, y'hear?" I asked like a southern mother would. He chuckled.

"I wouldn't dream of it." He said. I felt him smile into my chest and I ruffled his hair. "One last kiss before you go." He said.

I nodded and bent down to his size. I pulled him to me by his hips and kissed him deeply. He smiled into the kiss.

"I love you John Laurens."

"I love you too, Alexander Hamilton."

Hercules coughed loudly and Lafayette smacked his shoulder. That was our cue to stop being cringy little high schoolers.

They all waited in the lobby with me, recalling our favorite jokes and memes. The air around us got less lively as time passed by. Everyone knew I had to go, but they kept it up.

"Remember in seventh grade when you replaced the keys on the teacher's keyboard to spell "I HATE YOU" and the teacher was just so casual about it saying he hated us too?" Lafayette asked.

"Wait, you actually did that? I thought they were just joking." Alex said, laughing.

"Remember when that really autistic kid called Mr. Herms "daddy" and he just nodded his head in approval?" Hercules said.

"You missed the best part!" I said, recalling the memory, "When he walked out of the room Herms said under his breath 'who's your daddy now?'" I said.

"Did that really happen?" Alex asked. "I missed everything. Wish I coulda come here sooner." We all laughed at the jokes and memories of the old days.

"The times with you were better anyways. Like when I made you sit at our table? That was fun because now we know you." I said. Everyone nodded their heads.

The memories will never be lost, nor forgotten. They will be kept with my closest friends--my family.

"Now calling flight 35A, now calling flight 35A." The intercom recited.

"Well, that's my cue. I should probably get my stuff and whatnot." The guys all looked at me sadly. "I'll visit for holiday breaks." I said, which made them slightly happier.

"You have to promise is you will visit." Lafayette said.

I rolled my eyes, "Of course. I promise." I said. I grabbed my things and stood in line to board my plane, "I love you guys!" I shouted.

Lafayette formed a heart with his hands while the other two waved goodbye to me until the decided to walk out of the airport.

I turned forward in the direction of my flight and didn't look back.