One Year Special

Okay guys, so I don't remember the exact day, but this month will be a year since I had started writing. I would have NEVER thought that such an amazing community of people would end up reading my story. Your comments and critiques and everything you do make me so happy. This little thing happens way way way down the line in April.

I didn't think I would ever make it this far, but here I am. I love you all so much. Enjoy~

John's POV
Today marks a lot of firsts for me. First time I've made it to a year dating someone. First time I've put a lot of thought into a gift. First time stressing about my future with someone. All of these firsts and nowhere to store them in my cluttered mind.

Lexi and I are supposed to be going out to dinner tonight, but I can't figure out what to wear. Isn't PF Chang's a somewhat nicer Chinese place? Does that mean a polo and khakhi? Or like suit pants and a button down and a tie? I haven't stressed out like this in so long. I'm gonna call Lexi.

One ring, two rings, three. "Hey, what's up?" His angelic voice asks.

"Uhm, I'm not exactly sure what I should be wearing tonight.." I say, trying to hide the embarrassment in my voice. It's difficult.

I hear a chuckle on the receiving end of the phone, "John, you can wear your pajamas for all I care. I'm not expecting you to get all gussied up for little old me."

My heart skips a beat. "O-okay. Okay. I can work with that." I stutter.

I hang up and get dressed, wearing a plain t-shirt and a new pair of dark blue jeans. I guess this will work.

~~~

I stopped at the flower shop on the way to PF Chang's and picked up a dozen roses. Cheesy, I know, but sweet all the same. They smell of fresh air and spring. I walk into Chang's and am led to my reserved table. I take my seat and place the roses down on the table while I go to the restroom.

I come back to see that handsome man of mine, hair slicked back into a long pony tail, wearing a white button down and shakhi pants. That's my Lexi.

I walk quietly behind him and hug him around the shoulders, "Happy one year, love." I tell him. He tesnes up for a second and immediateoy relaxes when he hears my voice.

"Happy one year, J. I love you."

"I love you too." I sat down and picked up the roses that were already starting to wilt. "I bought these for you." I said quickly. "It's a dozen roses. One for every month you've decided to stay with me."

Lexi took the flowers and smelt them, "they smell beautiful. Thank you!" He said, beaming.

After ordering our food and trying chopsticks, we had both given up and ate dinner in silence.

"So, college is coming up pretty soon. Have you thought about where to apply?" Lexi asked.

"I was honestly thinking about community college. I want to get my gen Ed out of the way before I can worry about the rest of my life. What about you?" I asked, and to my surprise, he looked guilty.

"I've applied to some Ivy League schools. Got accepted to a few. Life on campus wouldn't sound so bad if only I could be with you every day." He said sadly.

"Hey, don't worry about me. We may be together, but that does not mean you have to spend every single minute of every single day with me. Although spending time with you is fun, we both should focus on school." I spouted. "Everything will be just fine. Sure, I'll miss you a lot, but I know you'll come back the same old Lexi. Probably a lot smarter though."

Lexi smiled, glad that he would be able to go to a nice college. He's so incredibly gifted, it would be a sin for me to hold him back from his future.

After that, we giggled and talked all through dinner. It was the perfect end to a perfect night I love you Lexi.