Lafayette

A/N: Co-written by OwlWithAHat

It's Saturday in this btw

Ugh I keep forgetting to keep the same tense through my writing, my friend pointed that out. (Ex. is going vs. was going or went)

*Lafayette: one minute please/calm down and breathe*

The old man has no purpose I just needed to start the chapter somehow

TW: strong imagery

Lafayette's P.O.V
I rode my bike during the thunderstorm to the hospital Alexander was staying at. He seemed to be in more pain emotionally than physically yesterday.

Wow, I thought, the hospital looks really busy today. People took up almost every seat in the waiting room. I went up to the desk, said my name and who I was waiting to see, and took the last empty seat. I was settled between a mother and her sleeping baby and an old man hunched over so far forward that I was taken aback at how his back had not snapped yet.

"You're too young to be here, you've got your whole life ahead of you. Whoever is in there better be someone who has lived a good life." he said sternly as he walked away into the hall of hospital rooms.

The words resonated in the air where he was sitting. Sure, Alexander's condition wasn't serious to die, but it was still a possibility. I jumped at the thunder that boomed outside of the hospital and looked out the window at the lightning from far off.

"Mr. Lafayette, you may see Alexander now." The nurse said from behind the desk. I got up from my seat and walked down the hall that the old man walked down moments earlier. It was a long and quiet walk other than the sounds of the storm outside. I always liked storms, but this was stronger than I'm​ used to.

I knocked on his door, "Alexander? I'm here." I said. I expected to find him in his bed, but to my surprise he was not there. I searched the room for him. It was a small room, you'd expect me to find him. "Alexander?" I asked once more. A few minutes passed and the storm became quiet.

I heard a few soft sobs coming from somewhere towards the center of the room. I searched behind the potted plant and tables of medical equipment. While searching the room I noticed wrapping was on the ground next to the bed.

Looking underneath it revealed a small, shaking, sobbing Alexander. He had taken off his wraps and his knees were tucked neatly into his chest. He was curled up in a ball, and it almost looked like he was stuck under the bed. "Alexander." I cautioned. He opened his eyes wide with fear. As soon as his eyes focussed on me, he crawled out from under the bed and gripped my shirt in terror.

"Mon Ami what is wrong?" I wondered in a worried voice, thinking for sure he was having a panic attack. He didn't answer, he just continued to sob. I picked him up and placed him on the bed, grabbing his wrapping in the process. Gently, I put the wrapping back on him without causing too much discomfort, even if I was quite flustered doing so.

Once I had done that, I laid on the bed with his small shivering figure. As the flash of lightning filled the room, I felt Alexander tighten his grip on me. His face was buried in my shirt, the feeling of his tears soaking through it made me shiver.

While listening to the storm, I examined my surroundings. The bright lights and soft colored walls contrasted with the darkness of the storm. The howling wind sounding almost like the wailing of souls that have been lost, trapped within the walls of the scary place. The booming of thunder could have shaken the room, almost as if the gods were trying to stop the doctors from interfering with their plans. Raindrops normally so soothing became rocks thrown by trolls bred with fear. Trees shaking as if waving hello will be their last act, as if that would spare them the act that would destroy them. The coolness of the window brought much needed change to the boring room. The plant in the corner sits sadly, longing to feel the fresh rain on its leaves once more, like many patients wish to see the sun again.

I turned back to look at Alexander. He was sleeping on my chest, his hand clutching my shirt every so often. I kissed his forehead lightly and stroked his matted hair.

I looked down at my phone to see that John and Hercules both tried calling me numerous times. They were saying how they planned to meet me at the hospital later, sent a half hour ago.

Me: okay. Mes excuses I was a little busy with our friend Alexander.
BRRAH: busy you say hmmmmmm ;)))
Me: you know I'm not one to take advantage of someone like that
Read by Johnny Boy: 10:34
Read by BRRAH: 10:35

While looking through the window at the dripping foliage outside of the hospital, I felt Alexander stir. He was muttering something in his sleep, probably some gibberish.

"I'm... I'm sorry." He said.

"Shh." I whispered in his ear, and he rolled over so he was facing the edge of the bed. An explosion of sound from outside bolted Alexander straight up in bed. After engulfing him in a hug, I whispered comforting words to him. "Don't worry, you are not alone. I am here. I will always be here for you."

I stretched and watched as the door opened, revealing my two best friends as of two years ago. When they walked in they immediately held their breath, they saw me on the bed with Alexander and winked at me, which is when I realized it looked like we were doing things.

Standing up I straightened out my soaked shirt and tucked him in. "It wasn't like that." I warned. "He was having difficulties sleeping." It was not my place to tell them his personal life. If Alexander wants them to know, he will tell them.

"Suuuuuure you were." Hercules teased. I just brushed it off. Meanwhile, Alexander was about as red as a tomato. Of course there was nothing going on, but the thought that something could have happened is embarrassing. Alexander continued to clasp my shirt in the back like a small child in need of guidance. I smiled at him and allowed Hercules and John to talk to him.

"What's up little man!?" Hercules asked full of energy, the exact opposite of Alexander. He shook his head and looked at John. John sat on the bed and talked to him, distracting him from the storm. John's hand slowly inches toward Alexander's, who notices this and puts his hands in his lap. The mood of the room shifted from uncomfortable to awkward with John trying to make conversation with Alexander while he continued to look around the room for anything that could distract him from the treachery outside the safe hospital room.

I figured that now was as good a time as ever to usher them out. "Guys, Alexander needs to talk to me for une minute s'il vous plait."

After guiding the two out of the room, the aura went back to normal, like any other hospital room. I sat next to him on the bed again, comforting him until either the storm passed or visiting hours were over. Rubbing his shoulder seemed to be the best form of tranquility for him.

"Calme-toi et respire." The words floated out of my mouth like a lullaby. Once the storm stopped, he calmed down a bit and sat up taking a shaky breath. "Alexander, your are the closest friend I have, please tell me what that was about."

*°•°*°•°*°•°*°•°*°•°*°•°*°•°*°•°*°•°*°•°*°•°*°•°*

Apologies for all who wanted to see John and Alex in the first storm of this book, I had already written most of this chapter by the time anyone gave me feedback.

Also I've never read a Lams fic where Lafayette is the mother it's always Hercules is the mom friend or stereotypical Washing(dad)ton

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

Alternate ending for irljlaurens

Hercules barged in through the door "YOOO I FUCKED UP DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION AND HAVE JOHN DOING THE CHICKEN DANCE"

We could hear John questioning everything about what he was doing. "HOW DO YOU EVEN GLITCH THIS GAME" he screamed

We were all dying laughing

"I MUST ASK HIM FOR MYSELF" I said and dashed away

"How is he?"

"He's aight."