Chapter Five:

Talia got off the jet and into a luxurious hotel. The bed had soft silky sheets, she laid and sunk to sleep. The guards stood there until she woke up.

The leader of the witness protection program, John Fisher, knocked on the door. Talia was frightened by the knock, she woke up screaming and yelling. "Talia wake up, you must wake up" said the guard. She was very confused and didn't know where she was, it took her awhile to remember she wasn't at home anymore.

Mr. Fisher spoke to Talia and what to expect. Her heart broke to pieces when he told her she couldn't go back to her country, at least for now. "Talia you have to stay here and make this your new home, I will do my best to make you as comfortable as possible" said Mr. Fisher.

Tears rolled down her face "are you serious, I will not stay here trapped!" she cried out loud.

Ms. White felt bad for Talia, it must be hard losing your parents and then moving across the country.

"Mr. Fisher, with all do respect sir, I would like to take Talia and have her live with me and my son Jake". Mr.Fisher looked at Talia

"What a wonderful idea, Miss Romano will be under you supervision" said Mr. Fisher.

"Yes, sir understood" said Ms. White. Ms. White grabbed all of Talia's belongings and walked her to the car. She explained what the house is like and what Georgia is like and on and on she rambled.

Talia was zoned out staring out the window. She couldn't stop thinking about her parents and how much her heart ached in pain, she missed them more than anything.

Talia wished she could smell her fathers strong cologne that she hated so much, or the warm feeling she gets when she hugs her mother.

Ms. White pulled into the drive way and turned off the car. The sound of the keys reminded Talia of the castle. "Miss Romano, are you ok" asked Ms. White. Talia just looked at her and then got out of the car. "Well this is where you will be staying, shall we go in" said Ms. White.

Talia again had no reply

Talia again had no reply. Ms. White knew exactly how she felt. " I will show you to your room, maybe after you get cleaned up, I will show you around" said Ms. White. " If you need anything please just let me know" said Ms. White. Talia nodded and closed the door.

She laid in bed thinking about her past and how she got into the mess she's In. All I wanted was to be free from royalty, not a prisoner in my own sorrow and pain.

 All I wanted was to be free from royalty, not a prisoner in my own sorrow and pain

After hours gone by, Talia got up and went to the bathroom. I could really use a long hot shower. Jake came home tired and a mess from work. He went straight to the bathroom to clean up before dinner.

Talia wrapped her damp body with the towel, she couldn't find another one for her hair. "Guess it's going to have to air dry" said Talia. Talia stepped out the bathroom and into her room.

Jake noticed the foggy mirror and the flowery smell of shampoo, he thought his mom had a date since she was making dinner, taking a shower, and he also heard her singing.

If you  enjoyed reading this, please don't hesitate to vote and comment, I'll try to respond to when I can ♡.