Chapter Seventeen:

Jake came home late that night. He slumped on couch trying to figure out where Talia went and Arron.

I don't understand how could anyone just disappear ,WHERE ARE THEY.
Jake grew impatient he just wanted to know where they are and if they are safe.

Jake's eyes where red and puffy from little sleep and his body was weak and weary. He spent every second trying to figure out the puzzle.

"Sweetheart what are you doing here shouldn't you be in bed". Said his mother.

"Yes mother, but I must find Talia And Arron". Said Jake.

" Oh darling, haven't you heard, Talia went back to Italy and Arron quit."

"What! Without saying goodbye?"

"Wait what?? Arron quit, when, why!" said Jake

"He just couldn't handle the police always around and the fact that a killer is loose." Said his mother

"Oh ok, I just wish he had told me before he left" said Jake.

"He didn't want to hurt your feels dear" said his mother.

Jake looked up at his mother, "Oh yeah of course."

What the heck? Arron never cared about hurting my feelings, in fact he does everyday . And why the fuck would Talia leave and not say goodbye, did I hurt her feelings. Crap it's all my fault.

Jake's mother was walking around the house, she was very impatient with Jake.

"Go to your room Jake, you look very tired" shouted his mother.

"Um well why do you care? Maybe I will sleep here" Jake glared at his mother.

Angie nervously laughed "I'm just worried about you honey, I think you should go to bed, I'll bring you some warm milk"

"WTF mom you haven't brought me warm milk since father died and you haven't made breakfast and dinner after his death"

" If you are seeing someone I DON'T CARE! You don't have to creep around like a teenager, gosh mom"

"Yes, sweetie you are right, I do have a date. That's why I want you in bed. Well then, I will go now since we are clear "

"Bye mom"

"Bye sweetie"

That was a close one! If Jake ever finds out he will never forgive me.

If you enjoyed reading this, please don't hesitate to vote and comment, I'll try to respond when I can ♡