Chapter Thirteen:

The gates creaked as a tall figure walks in, she has a tray of food in her hand and a cup of water in the other.

" Your breakfast princess." Said the women.

Talia couldn't recognize her, she was very scared.

The room reeked of sewer, rust and mildew. In the corner of the walls grew moss. Chains lay on the walls, with hammered metal shackles on the floor, perhaps where people were kept for extended periods of time. In the air hung the scent of death... and suffering.

Why did she call me princess? Shouldn't I be out there sitting in a throne and not in this hell hole?

Talia was very hungry, she ignored her nasty surroundings as devoured the food.

When she finished eating she chugged her water laid on the floor, too full to move.

Ugh what was I thinking, I feel like I'm going to explode.

Time passed by and Talia stated to feel better. She got up and screamed for help.

"Help, can someone help me."
She tried to shake the gate but it didn't even budge.

A bright light peeked into Jake's room

A bright light peeked into Jake's room. Jake slightly moved his curtain to see who it was, his grandma just arrived home.

" What the heck?" "Why is she just now coming home"

Jake had a bad feeling about this. He remember what she told him the other night, just the thought of it made his body shiver and get goosebumps.

Jake heard his grandma come upstairs.

"Why is she coming upstairs, her room is downstairs"

"Seriously what is wrong with this old hag!"

Jakes grandma went into his mother's room, Jake couldn't help but be noisy.
He quietly walked to her door and cuffed his ear on the door.

"Ugh that was very painful, but the job is done" said grandma

"Are you sure?" asked Angie

"Yes, dear" said grandma " I will leave first thing tomorrow"

"Oh, darling, why does Jake think I killed his father? Haven't you told him the truth" said grandma

"Shhh mother now isn't the right time" said Angie.

Jake's heart dropped he felt so weak, his knees wobbled as he went back to his room.

He laid in bed and couldn't move, he shut his eyes for a few minutes. "Hey come one let's go, hurry" said a soft soothing voice

"Where am I going?" asked Jake
Your mother needs your help.

Jake jumped out of bed and ran to his mother's room, " Mom are you ok" Jake shook his mother but she didn't budge. "MOM wake up" Jake realized something wasn't right, he felt something lingering near him.

"Jake come with me if you want to be safe" said his grandma.

"No you killed my parents" "NOOO"
Jake was still in shock.

"What do you want from me?" said Jake.

" I want to protect you " said his mother

"Get out of my house, Go, and never come back" yelled Jake.

Jake's grandma heard him yelling and held his arms, "Jake, Jake's sweetie wake up"

Jake was startled by his grandma and pushed him self away.

"What are you doing in my room?"
"Get out of my room!"

Jakes grandma looked at him and said "Ok Jake I just wanted to say goodbye"
"Fine you said goodbye, now can you please get out!"

Jake's grandma felt so much pain, she didn't want her grandson to hate her.
She got up and looked at him one last time before closing the door.

If you enjoyed reading this, please don't hesitate to vote and comment, I'll try to respond when I can ♡