Chapter Eleven :

Jake was glad he can go back to work today, he grabbed his keys and headed towards the garage door. He heard a knock on the front door. Jake slowly opened the garage door, why would anyone be knocking on our door? His face dropped as he glared at the person standing in front of him.

"My you have grown, how are you dear" said a raspy voice. "What brings you here?" Asked Jake. His jaw tightened " I don't think my mother wants to see you." Said Jake. A firm hand was on his shoulder " Hello mother I'm glad you could make it" said Ms. White. Jake stared at his mother intensely, "How could you invite her and not tell me" Jake gave his mother a mean look then left to work.

I can't believe she invited her, she was the whole reason my father died.

Jake was so lost in his train of thought, he didn't notice he was already parked at work. Jake slammed his car door, then slammed the museum door and turned the "sorry we're closed" sign around. "Hey buddy, what's the matter " Arron said " I don't feel like opening the museum today." Said Jake. " But we have many reservations for today" said Arron. " Cancel them and book them for tomorrow" said Jake.

Jake sat at his desk thinking about why his mother invited his grandma and why she's didn't tell him.

Detective Tom walked in and startled Jake.

If you weren't ready, you didn't have to come back today.

I know detective it's something else.

Alright, I came by to let you know how George died. It was definitely Homicide.

Jake shivered and wanted to go home. Why did it have to happen in my museum.

His right palm was poisoned.

Jakes eyes grew wide " so Mrs. Susan did kill him?"

It could be, but it could also not be. The poison takes an hour to kick in so it could of happened before Mrs. Susan met him

Jake started to sweat and he was nervous "How do I know the killer won't come back?" " I would like one of your guys to guard my museum if you don't mind."

Sure not a problem. I will make sure to keep you safe.

If you enjoyed reading this, please don't hesitate to vote and comment, I'll try to respond when I can♡