Mission: Quarto

A/N: Hi readers again~~ As you can see this is a new fic, umm...so yeah, surprise! I have to use up my Ejen Ali fairy dust, and I got a story idea in a few day's time, and that's how this story begun. Hopefully you'll like this fic :3 (Promise it's better than Mission PT&PR!!) Oh, and Sapphire is DISUSED's. Happy reading!

***

An alarm rings. On the bed, laid a boy named Ali. He was fifteen this year. Nothing much has changed since the event of Uno trying to steal IRIS, but also, at the same time, lots have changed.

The alarm didn't seem to have woke him up, for he kept on drooling comfortably.

A white fur ball, with an elegant long tail and a green and blue eye each, Comot was Ali's pet cat. It had found its way through his door, attracted by the sound of the alarm. This cat however, was slightly different to other cats. Noting that its owner wasn't reacting to his alarm, Comot prepared to launch itself on Ali's face.

"Argh! Comot!"

Comot immediately jumped down from the bed to avoid Ali's flailing arms and legs. It stared at him as he settled. And it was only a moment or two before Ali realised the alarm had been ringing all along.

"Oh shoot! Not again!"

He slammed his fist on the alarm and hurriedly got out from his bed, skipping shower, immediately changing into his school uniform, had a quick breakfast, and was about to leave the house when he felt something pulling at his leg.

Comot, its two white paws on its owner's white school shoes, looked at him with its wide eyes.

"Oh." Ali said when he realised. He was so forgetful. "Sorry, Comot."

And he rushed to pour food into Comot's food bowl before running out again.

***

He was very lucky indeed to be on time for school. He panted, and given himself a pat on a back as he walked to his seat, at the far back of the class.

In front of him sat the same girl he had known for years and had loathed. Alicia, his primary schoolmate and his current one still. Not that he wanted to be in the same school as her, but since they were under the same secret agency, it was more convenient to have them to go to the same school.

"Is everybody in?" the class teacher, Mr Kamarul, said out loud.

"Yes." all the students echoed at once.

The student sitting beside Ali had only realised him sitting there.

"Eh, Ali?!" Guan Rin said, thunderstruck.

"What is it, Guan Rin?" Mr Kamarul asked.

"N-nothing, sir. Ali's here today," he added responsibly.

"Yeah. I already noticed that. Not everyday that seat is occupied."

At that sentence, several students gave glances and giggled at Ali. Only Alicia seemed not effected by this outbreak of giggles. And that was something he liked about her.

"OK, good morning, class!"

"Good morning, Mr Kamarul!"

***

It was English class now. The teacher, an old woman with curly, long black hair, was passing out papers to each of the students.