A New Start

Dos, Trez and Ocho were quite befuddled at the wrecked state of the arena. Iris was nowhere to be seen. They looked helplessly around, as though awaiting for orders from the air. Then when they saw Uno stumbling to get up, they immediately rushed over to him, though most unfortunately they were intercepted by Agents Ganz, Rizwan and Viktor.

"Hoi, Quarto, what do you think you're doing?" Trez said in outrage, though he made no attempt to attack him from under the nose of two qualified agents. "You're siding with the enemy!"

"Isn't it obvious, Trez?" Dos growled, clenching her hands into fists, but not daring to take her Shox Stix from her hair too. "The little brat has decided to betray us."

Ocho did not say anything, but continued to breath heavily through his gas mask. It sounded as though he had a rather bad asthma.

Out of nowhere, Agent Zain had appeared behind the weakened-state Uno and shackled him from behind with magnetic cuffs. But even then, Uno did not protest as he was hauled onto his feet.

"How dare you, Viktor..." he muttered angrily under his breath, while Viktor only looked at him with an almost similar level of anger.

"You did not care about me after all, did you? I realised that. Ever since I tried to convince you that IRIS would not help you succeed in the mission and it would include a risk, you shove it away like, what? You think I'm your slave? I'm your son, father. And ever since eight years ago all you've been obsessed with is MATA and you never cared about me. I may be willing to serve you for the past eight years, but now all I see," he said with a final sort of voice. "Is a father taking advantage of a son."

His words should have had knocked someone off their hinges for all they knew, but Djin, as being the arrogant self he was, decided not to reply.

"I'm sorry, Djin, but the damage you have cost is unforgivable," Rizwan said coldly at his former mentor.

"This is the end of it, Djin. No matter how worse evil can get, the good will always win," Agent Zain said sternly to him.

Uno puffed, flexing his arms a bit to get it in a more comfortable position. He did not meet Viktor's eyes as he did so. "You may have destroyed Iris, but don't think I would go quietly in your orders."

Agent Zain raised an eyebrow. "Oh, is that so?"

Uno had shot his remaining members a sharp look and had said sharply, "Protocol Retreat."

"Protocol-" Rizwan had started, alarmed.

Before anyone could exchange confused looks, towering silver walls made of tiny microbots had rose out of the floor so that everyone was separated individually. Viktor had even stumbled a few steps as they pushed him aside. He looked around. He was surrounded inside a cylinder of microbots, and there was no way out.

"What's this stuff?" Agent Ganz was heard grunting.

"We have to get out of this thing!" Viktor bellowed. He threw his entire body weight on the wall of microbots, but they were hard as steel and was especially spiky, which made him howl in pain when he came into contact.

"This won't be the last you'll see of me, MATA agents," said Uno's echoing, menacing voice. Before Viktor could so much than think of another way to escape this microbot-prison, the microbots had withdrew, all scuttling towards the entrance of the arena like tiny million flies.

Viktor watched the last of them leave, feeling foreboding at the same time. He had just left his father and told him words of painful truth before he left. And seeing on how none of the Numeros were left except for him, they must have left him like how he betrayed them. Sighing back his reluctance, it was only then he noticed something.