Lost in a Forest

A/N: Btw guys, this is how IRIS looks like

***

Ali ran and ran. He had no idea where he was, but he dare not stop running, afraid that something might get at him if he stopped to catch his breath. Trees towered over him everywhere he could see, darkness pressing so hard against his eyes new scenes suddenly loomed out of the solid darkness as he ran. Where he was, he don't know, but definitely this is a forest. Coldness was biting into his skin, though at least the MATA suit he was wearing warmed him up a bit. 

After running for what felt like an hour in the silently creepy forest, he was certain he had placed enough distance between him and that evil cave. He leaned against a rough tree, not even checking if there were red ants on it, because all he needed now is to rest and think.

For several minutes he sat there, taking in deep gulps of air, processing it all he had witnessed. 

Uno, Dos, Trez, Jenny and Viktor were all in the cave, meaning that it must have been their hideout, no wonder it's hidden away in the middle of a forest. And another person was there too, a guy who claimed he was IRIS. Ali took out the original IRIS from his pocket. It glinted slightly in the moonlight filtered through the leaves of the towering trees. The blue part of it was no longer opaque, but transparent. Ali could see the black metal casing it from underneath through it. So, now no more IRIS to assist him. 

Secondly of all his worries to IRIS being resurrected and possibly now planning the destruction of MATA, how did he get here? He had no memory whatsoever of walking through this place. The last thing he remembered was...was...

Ah. So that's the part. 

IRIS had controlled him again, how did he not notice that? Ali recalled again to what IRIS had said. Through the haze of panic, he still managed to recall perfect to what it had said. Though other memories of him in the cave was a blur of fear, this one seemed embedded into his brain.

"MATA has identified you as an enemy ever since you stole me, and now they want to destroy you. I have come to the most powerful group I can think of with MATA as their enemy, and we are all here under your command."

That's it, isn't it? IRIS wanted to team up with Uno to destroy MATA. And the last time Uno tried to destroy MATA, Ali recalled horrifically, was simply just...horrible. Now that Uno has IRIS on his side, it must be almost impossible to stop them. 

He needed to tell MATA about this. But how? He checked in all his pockets for anything, anything at all that could help him get out of this wretched cold and almost terrifyingly silent forest. 

"My phone!" he said happily, making to seize his phone from a back pocket. The battery was left at ten percent. He wondered how long he had been controlled by IRIS back then to get his phone in such a low state. But luckily, it was still enough to make a phone call.

He went through his contacts fast, hurriedly finding for Alicia or Bakar's number with his shaking fingers. Alicia's came first, and without further ado, he jabbed rather hardly on his phone.

Tuuuuut...tuuuut...tuuut...

"Hurry lah pick up," Ali muttered frantically, his eyes can't help but darting around the surrounding area. 

"Hello?" said a familiar voice that made relief wash over his entire body.

"Alicia, I'm so glad to hear your voice again," he said shakily, but then stopped abruptly when he realised what he had just said.

There was an awkward silence. Distinctly, he rather he heard muttering apart from the buzzing of insects and the whispering of dead leaves around him.

"Uh...yeah..." said Alicia's voice uncertainly. "Where are you?" she said, this time more seriously.

"I don't know," Ali said fearfully. "But can you just like...use the tracking system from my phone or something? Come quick, please," he added more desperately.

"OK, OK, I'll be there soon."

And she hung up. That was unexpected. He wanted someone to keep him company while he was here, but Alicia's probably busing finding his location at the moment. He checked his phone again. Eight percent. He quickly went through his contacts again and jammed on Uncle Bakar's number.

Tuuuut...tuuuuut...

"Who's this?" came Bakar's voice, unnaturally suspicious.

"Uncle!"

At once, his tone became lighter. "Hey, Ali, is that you?" 

"Yes, Uncle," Ali said, desperate to keep this conversation going. "Alicia's coming to fetch me. You don't know what I've been through, Uncle."

"Why? What have you been through?" 

"Well..."

But before he could continue, a sharp, bright light had fallen upon him from above. Squinting his eyes and looking up, he saw two helicopters circling his area. At last, help has came. His uncle's call forgotten, he got up and jumped up and down, waving his hands randomly, trying to get the helicopter's attention.

"Here!" he shouted, cupping his hands together. "Down here!"

The helicopters were starting to descend, blowing leaves away from the forest floor, whipping Ali's hair out of his face. 

Luckily in this forest, the trees didn't grow so close together, so when they landed, they were merely a few metres away from Ali. 

"Finally," Ali sighed, rushing over to the helicopters, as a few people spilled out from both the helicopters. "I was wondering how long I'll-"

But he stopped mid-sentence. Slightly more than half a dozen people were aiming various weapons at him. All of them he didn't recognise, except for a ponytailed girl which looked familiar to him, though he suddenly couldn't remember her name.

As he was staring transfixed at her, two large rings had secured tightly around his body. He fell unceremoniously, his face slammed against the wilted leaves, the smell of mud filling his nostrils. At the same time, the right side of his head, which had hit the forest floor, was starting to throb painfully.

"Take him away," grunted a gruff voice from above, which he didn't recognise at all.

Next moment, he was hauled onto his feet and shoved into one of the helicopters. Ali didn't know what was happening. Is he being kidnapped?

When the door to the helicopter had shut, he timidly asked the muscled guy sitting next to him, "Are you from MATA?" 

The guy stared at him through stone-hard eyes, his face expressionless. His entire face seemed to cut out from stone, seeing how strong his facial features were. "Yes. And you are under arrest, IRIS agent."