A New Body

"Is there any progress of finding IRIS in the system?" an on-screen General Rama asked a group of Tekno agents. 

"Unfortunately, no, General," said an agent with her hair tied in her ponytail, Agent Geetha.

"We have tried every technique so far, but none of them had worked," said Sapphire.

A bespectacled Tekno male agent nodded. "IRIS has done a very good work in disguising itself in the system. We haven't gotten any detection of a foreign user or anything at all."

"Just make sure you continue with finding the virus. Immediately report to HQ via written letter when you find it."

"Yes, General," the group of Tekno agents replied. 

***

Dos, Trez and Viktor instantly leaped up to their feet, but Uno called them down with a wave of his mechanical hand.

"I am not Ali. I am IRIS. And I need your help." IRIS said.

Viktor nervously chanced a glance at his dad. But Uno merely drawled, "We welcome all enemies of MATA."

"No." IRIS said.

"What?" Viktor said, confused. He still had not retract his metal claws in case IRIS attacks. 

IRIS stepped into better light. Uno's group was stunned beyond belief when IRIS took out a pen drive from its pocket. 

"That's-" Dos spluttered, apparently lost for words, but was anyways interrupted by IRIS.

"Azurium sniper blueprint," it said, throwing it towards Jenny, who caught it in her gloved hands, but was still staring transfixed at IRIS. 

The other three remaining agents looked at Uno helplessly for orders. 

"Impressive." he said. "What can I get you in return?" 

"But Uno-" Dos started, but was stopped by Uno again.

"I want a new body." IRIS said.

***

Bakar, Alicia, Rudy, Khai, Iman, Jet and Moon were gathered in MATA's safe house doing their own research for leads of IRIS' and Uno's case. Khai was using a computer to do his own research when he was walked in by Sapphire.

"Khai, may I speak to you for a moment?" Sapphire inquired.

"Oh, sure!" 

Khai pressed on the keyboard once and got up towards the white-haired Tekno agent.

"Khai, here is your new hover board to replace your old one."

From behind Sapphire zoomed a red excited-looking hover board. It went straight to Khai and stopped beside his feet, looking expectantly up at him.

"Wow!" Khai exclaimed, picking the hover board up and watching it almost hungrily, as though he might not have another glance at it if he looked away. "Thanks so much, Agent Sapphire! This is the best!" 

"No problem," Sapphire smiled. "And I hope you'll get your friend back soon."

Khai tried a grin, and placed his brand new hover board down.

"I will do my best to get Ali back." 

***

Jenny was working to her fullest extent for a solid six days before she managed to create a robotic humanoid body for IRIS. IRIS spent its time mostly staring in silence at apparently into space. The presence of a person who used to be an enemy did not effect Dos nor Trez as much as Viktor. He kept quite a reasonable distance between themselves every time they were in the same room, and kept his eyes averted from it if he could. 

At last, it was finished.

Jenny wiped sweat off her forehead as she looked up at Uno, who was only standing close by. "Done."

IRIS stood up from its seat and walked over to the still body laying on a raised platform. It stared at it for a few moments, perhaps analysing it, then said tonelessly, "It is good."

Viktor could not hold in his urge any more longer. Taking in a deep breath and gathering up his courage at the same time, he nervously approached his dad.

"Dad," Viktor said tentatively. 

"What is it?" he said rather harshly. Viktor knew his dad did not like being interrupted, but it was now or never.

"C-can I talk to you for a moment? Privately?" 

Uno seemed to think for a while. Then he said, "Fine."

Viktor led the way towards a hallway leading off the main room, then turned on his dad.

"Dad...are you sure you want to do this?" he asked breathlessly.

Uno, arm-crossed, grunted. 

"I mean," Viktor pressed on. "It is IRIS we're talking about, not Ali. We don't even know what its plan is."

"So?" Uno said in a rather boring tone.

"It might be planning to double cross us or anything!" Viktor exclaimed urgently. "It came from MATA, and still could possibly be on their side!"

"Don't worry," Uno said, making to go back to the main room. "I am certain it will make a good new member in our team."

Jenny looked up when Uno loomed out from the darkness. She straightened herself up and held her tablet and pen more tightly.

"Shall we get started?" she asked, smirking malevolently.

Uno nodded, and Jenny pressed on several buttons on her tablet. Another platform, a thinner one this time, rose out of the shining black floor right next to the humanoid body

"IRIS, I need you to take your glasses off to continue," Jenny requested, though not looking up from her tablet.

It did not even hesitate to deactivate itself. It pressed on the bridge of its glasses, and it formed once more into its original state, though the blue parts were now glowing white. Not a second later, Ali's limp body along with IRIS had fallen to the ground. Uno managed to catch IRIS, while Ali was left on the cold floor.

"Bring him to that chair," Uno ordered Viktor, as he passed Jenny IRIS to be placed on the new platform. "Ali will be waking up soon."

Hurriedly, Viktor went over to pick Ali up from the floor. His face pale and cold, Ali was rather hard to haul over. Considering, he was lighter and therefore slightly easier to carry than Dos. Viktor carefully placed Ali in one of the chairs, feeling sympathetic for him at the same time.

There was a crackling of electricity from behind him, and he jumped to see that there was a huge mass of hyperactive white energy transferring between the humanoid body and IRIS.

Dos and Trez even paused in their game of cards to watch. Uno was staring apprehensively while Jenny continued to press this and that on her tablet.

Let it fail, Viktor found himself thinking. Please let it fail...

But then-

As the mass of energy between the two objects reached its limit, a wave of white hot energy swept pass them like a heatwave. Viktor shielded his eyes from the blinding light with his arm. When it was over, he lowered them to find that...

"I am...free..."