Fallen Headquarters

A/N: OK the following scene is expected to be bloodshed and all that but ahaha no I decided to follow the theme of the original Ejen Ali series so no blood and witnessing death. Enjoy! Oh, and not to forget, Happy New Year to all my readers!

***

"Wh-what happened here..." Ali whispered fearfully, staring around at the remains of what was Headquarters.

Chunks of metal and rubble were scattered across the ground leading towards the partially destroyed Headquarters, which left side looked like it had been recently blown apart because of the black smoke unfurling from it. Unconscious agents laid motionless, some with their gadgets still in their hands, others smashed into nothing but crumbled pieces. And for some curious unknown reason, the scene seemed to emit a soft blue glow, though it's source was nowhere to be seen.

A kind of cold terror seemed to be trickling into Ali's senses. For a moment he stood, unsure of why he was feeling another fear other than for the partially wrecked building. 

"Khai and Moon and Alicia are still in there, we have to save them!" Ali gasped in horror.

Without a further glance back, even as fresh screams could be heard behind him, he did not care. He was pelting in full speed towards the smoking building with only one objective, and it was to save his friends. 

'Please not let them be dead...please not let them be dead'...he found himself thinking over and over as he smashed through the broken glass doors. As he landed with a muffled thud in the dead silent Main Hall, the IRIS in front of his eyes had suddenly flashed a warning: High Azurium Energy Detected. But that was nothing compared to what he was witnessing.

Unconscious bodies littered the Main Hall too, which was glowing with that oddly blue sense, and the staircase leading up to the Neuro and Tekno sections was blown apart into smithereens that was strewn all across the place. He could see a body of white-haired Tekno agent nearby, and recognised her at once as-

"Sapphire!" he gasped.

Stumbling over shards of glass and rubble, he managed to approach the motionless Sapphire, whose long white hair had came out of its usual bun and was sprawled all over. 

"No- no- please be alive-"

He hastened to get his shaking fingers to her arm to feel for a pulse. A few seconds, he squatted there in his shocked state, until he felt it. Relief washed all over him as he stood up again. But it wasn't long when he heard sounds of scrambling from behind him. 

"What were you thinking?" Rudy said indignantly, poking him squarely in the chest that he nearly stumbled.

The others were filing in around him, though they were more intrigued in their surroundings than scolding Ali.

Rudy huffed in his direction and then strode away. Bakar then approached Ali instead.

"You OK?" Bakar asked concernly, placing his hand on his shoulder in a fatherly sort of way.

"Is it me or is the surrounding glowing a lil' bit blue?" Jet said, scrunching up his nose as though expecting to smell something foul any moment. As if it would help the situation, he waved his hand in front of his nose in an attempt to not breath in the odd blue mist.

"Azurium," Agent Dayang said who had recovered in the journey and was observing, stricken-faced, at the mass of bodies around them. 

Confused, Ali started, "Azurium what-"

"Oh no..." Viktor said in a kind of horrified whisper. "They must have used it..."

"Used what?" Agent Rizwan asked, his brows furrowed. 

Viktor shook his head in an attempt to clear things up a bit. "The weapon..."

"What weapon?" Agent Ganz demanded harshly, advancing a few steps forwards threateningly.

"The Azurium sni-"

"Moon!" 

Ali had just realised a ponytailed Inviso girl staggering over to them from the blasted opening of the Heads section. Moon appeared to be in the worst state Ali had ever seen. Her usual ponytailed hair was running in all directions and there was a nasty cut across her right cheek. Her suit had sustained several scratches and was quite dirty, as though she had fallen down several times. 

"Moon!" Jet exclaimed upon seeing the Inviso girl, immediately moving forwards to help her. "What happened? Are you alright?"

"It's terrible..." Moon squeaked in the tiniest of voice. She flinched when Jet held her arm, and removed it with surprising strength from his touch. Ali suspected a bruise or broken arm.

"Do you know where they are, the Numeros?" Agent Dayang said kindly.

"Yes- I saw them- they were killing off everyone in sight-" Moon gasped. 

"Djin has really crossed the line!" Agent Ganz said, his face white with fury.

"Can you show us where they are?" Agent Zain requested gently, but there was a definite sense of urgency in his nevertheless kind voice.

Moon nodded, and walked back to the way she had came from, which was through the Head's hallway. Everyone didn't even hesitate to follow, except for Viktor.

"Why? Is there something wrong?" Ali asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You guys go stop the Numeros," he said. He took in a deep breath and continued, as though it cost him every effort to say so, "I'll catch up with you later."

"But what are you going to-"

"Ali! Don't keep us waiting!" 

Serporia was seen standing grumpily at the entrance of the hallway, clicking her tongue in an impatient fashion. Ali quickly made to follow, while Viktor still stood where he was. 

"Just stay safe, OK?" Ali yelled over his shoulder as he ran after Serporia. 

Viktor nodded, and soon, he disappeared from Ali's line of vision, and was nowhere else to be seen.

Well, Ali hoped, whatever Viktor does...he hopes it would not be betraying them at this crucial moment.