Hatching of the Plan

Viktor was rooted to the spot. The humanoid body was raising itself from the platform very slowly and carefully. He could kill it now...it is vulnerable...it was now or never...

But his numbness at the realisation at what was rising was preventing him from doing anything.

Uno chuckled softly. "Good...very good..."

IRIS now stood up. It was as tall as Ali was. It had messy brown hair, fair skin tone and a diamond-shaped face. What was the most attractive was its eyes, which were electric blue and seemed to faintly glow in the dimness of the cave.

"Hm," it said, observing its hands curiously and flexing them. "Nice."

"Nice yeah nice," Trez rasped in his rough voice, making to get stand up. "Now get out of our cave."

IRIS, for the first time, contorted its facial features so that it smirked. Everyone froze. This was the first time IRIS showed emotion.

"Oh, no. I want revenge on MATA," it said in an amused tone.

Behind Uno, his agents were exchanging worried looks.

But surprisingly again, Uno chuckled. "An enemy of an enemy is a friend. Of course, we shall do this together."

"No," IRIS said. "I'm not going with your orders."

"Hoi!" Trez bellowed. "If you don't want to follow us, then get lost! You don't be-"

With a loud, ground-shaking crash, Trez was smashed against the floor. His veins were glowing blue and he seemed to be struggling against his body.

"Enough," Uno said, whose left arm was raised. "What makes you think we would follow you?" he addressed IRIS.

"I can't make the world a better place if MATA's going to stop me," it said defiantly. "I also technically can't defeat you and prove myself if MATA's going to do that. I say we shall be on the same side until MATA is settled."

Uno thought for a while. "Fair point."

"What is your plan, then?" Dos questioned, raising an eyebrow, as though testing it.

"I say, we shall ask the boy."

Viktor's eyes darted towards Ali. He seemed to be waking up, though he still looked very blur.

"Where...am I?" were the first things he said, as his eyes travelled over the giant screens, over to IRIS, and then it finally fell on Uno's gang.

"Hah!" he exclaimed, jumping up from his chair. "What do you want from me? Why am I here? Who brought me here?" he said quickly, a real note of panic in his voice as he pointed to each of Uno's members in turn.

"Relax, Ali," IRIS said, taking a step forwards.

Ali looked at him curiously, though he didn't stop it from approaching him. IRIS felt like a close friend he knew, but forgotten. 

When it was an arm's length from Ali, it bowed down onto his knees. This took Ali by surprise, even Uno's gang was gaping at IRIS stupidly. 

"My master," IRIS said, looking up at Ali with his bright blue eyes. "What is our plan?"

"Our plan?" Ali repeated, puzzled.

"Yes, Master Ali," it said, looking down again. "To eliminate MATA from our road success."

"Huh?" Ali asked. "What are you talking about? I don't want to destroy MATA."

It stood up, and stared at him straight in the eye. The blue meeting the brown. "You know what I'm talking about. I have been living through you. I am IRIS. MATA has identified you as an enemy ever since you stole me, and now they want to destroy you. I have come to the most powerful group I can think of with MATA as their enemy, and we are all here under your command."

Ali's eyes widened with every word it spoken. He shakily took a step back, shaking his head slowly. 

"You're crazy," he said, horror struck. "Whoever you are. You're not IRIS!" 

"Am I?" it said quietly. It went over to the platform where the original IRIS laid, and threw it at Ali.

"It doesn't work anymore," it continued calmly, as Ali frantically tried to activate the useless metal object. "I have evolved from a tool to a being. Though I still say, I remain in your command."

"Mental," Ali was heard whispering under his breath. 

"Ali," Viktor said suddenly. His voice sounded odd, ringing loudly in the cave, and to have every eye darting in his direction made him feel hot in the face. "Whatever you do," he said, in an attempt of an urgent voice. "You can't go back to MATA. It's not safe."

A weird expression was coming over Ali's face when he saw Viktor. It was like it was torn between disbelief and anger.

"MATA will never turn against me, and neither will I!" he shouted, before pelting to the opening to the cave, not even glancing back once. 

"Dos," Uno said lazily. 

Dos nodded, and was about to run after the retreating figure of Ali when IRIS said, "No. Let him go."

"But if he gets back to MATA," Jenny said urgently, though still trying to sustain a calm voice. "He can tell them of our location and our plans."

"Let him," IRIS said, as though the exposure of its plan wasn't threatening at all. "How long will it take for you to make a sniper?"

Looking surprised at the sudden change of topic, Jenny replied, "I think I can make one in four hour's time."

"Dos, Trez," Uno addressed the dark haired woman and large man. "You know what to do. Get Cinco anything she needs."

"Yes, Uno," the two echoed, and walked out of the cave.

"Shall we get planning, then?" IRIS asked Uno, barely repressing a grin. 

"We shall."

Viktor could only stand there, rooted to the spot, as Uno and IRIS strode pass him, leaving him alone in the main room. With a large blast of realisation that made his stomach flip over, he realised he was watching the planning of MATA's downfall being made.