Meeting of the Heads

Zain had invited Ali into the Heads section (which was the hallway behind the reception) to have a little chat with the other Chief Pillars, Agent Dayang of Tekno and Agent Ganz of Kombat. He had also invited Generals Rama and Astor join along. His friends, however, were to wait in the Lounge until the meeting was over.

"Ali's so lucky!" Moon said enviously, staring after the retreating figure of Zain, Ali and Generals Rama and Astor. "He gets to meet with the Chief Pillars- and in person this time!" 

"I suppose they only want to hear about what happened to Ali before this," said Alicia.

"Where's the Lounge, though?" Iman asked, checking around the hall for any signboards.

When Ali had left, all the agents in the hall had hastily stowed away their weapons, probably still befuddled at what had just happened, and had resumed doing what they previously were.

"What about Serporia?" Khai added.

"I can do that," Moon said excitedly. 

"I'll follow Moon," Jet grinned, making to stand beside Moon.

"We'll wait for you guys in the Lounge, OK?" said Khai.

Jet and Moon nodded, and headed out of Headquarters again, before stopping abruptly.

"Hey, Alicia," Jet called across the hall. 

Alicia turned around irritably, as the others stopped in their tracks too.

"What's the password? For later when we come back?" Jet shouted, so that a couple of agents passing by shot ugly looks at him. 

"Your favourite number and a place you can find garbage," Alicia replied annoyingly.

The others made to go, but Rudy had smirked and said, "Like you" before following them. Jet clenched his fists angrily. Moon glared after him too, but they had more important things to do at the time.

"Forget him, let's go and find Serporia," Moon said, grabbing Jet around his wrist and pulling him out of Headquarters and into the cool night air once more.

***

"If that is how it is..." Dayang said critically, who was sitting on a chair. "Then I say we should attack them now, before they are ready."

"I agree," replied Ganz harshly. "The more earlier we attack, the more likely chance they are unprepared."

Ali could only keep quiet as he watched the three Chief Pillars think of what to do next after he had given them all the information they had wanted. He sat there nervously on the edge of a floating chair similar to Dayang's, unsure whether he was supposed to be listening to their discussion at all. He was after trapped inside a holographic meeting room with all the Chief Pillars. 

"But also the same for us," Zain said in his strong, soothing tone. "If we go unprepared, we would also lose. The main thing here we must focus on is not how to defeat Uno's men, but how to defeat IRIS."

There was a moment's silence when the three of them thought.

"We can use the electromagnetic field created by exploding Azurium?" suggested Dayang.

"And risk disarming ourselves too?" Ganz laughed. 

"But what other choice do we have?" Dayang pressed on. "If IRIS enters the battle, we won't stand a chance. At least if we deactivated IRIS, our agents stand a fighting chance."

"I thought IRIS had became a human being?" Ganz snarled. "Electromagnetic field won't have any effect on it."

"Uh-" interrupted Ali. "Actually, he just became a humanoid. I think he's still powered by something."