Deactivation

Everything was gone. They were trapped, and headquarters was under attack...Back-up destroyed, they surely have lost...

"Cinco, we still have stuff to do, remember?" Viktor said in strong tones, as though trying to remind her something, but not wanting the MATA agents to know.

"Oh, I nearly forgotten." She smiled. 

She and Viktor led the way through the passageway she had came from. Ali stared after their retreating figures, until he was sure they weren't about to return, he quickly got into work.

As everyone sat in a kind of stunned silence, still taking in the shock that was given, he pressed on the temple of IRIS. He didn't want to sit here and wait for headquarters to be destroyed, after all. He hoped that they would be able to hold up while he tried to find a way to get out of this glass box. 

IRIS told him that the glass box could be retracted if the power was turned off. But then the power source was inside the hallway Viktor and Jenny had disappeared into, and surely no one could get there. Not to mention having to defeat two of them at the same time.

"Meow."

"Eh? Comot!" Ali exclaimed, relief washing over his body as he saw his cat reappear from under a desk and run towards him. 

"Heh, good. At least not everyone is trapped." Ganz smiled happily for once.

"Comot," Agent Zain called gently. Comot turned its furry head in his direction when he called it, then slowly took a few steps towards him. "Can you find the back-up team and call them here?"

"The General has the Azurium bomb, maybe we can use it to get out of this trap."

"Yeah, we can do that!" Ali said confidently, happy that at least he could contribute something here. "If we turn down the power in this facility, the glass box will be deactivated."

"How do you know?" Iman asked, awestruck. 

"Heh, IRIS maa," Ali said smugly. 

"But then I thought it's only to shut down IRIS?" Jet interrupted abruptly. 

"We have no choice," Rudy told him, a trace of a scowl on his face. "If don't get out of here, we won't be able to stop IRIS."

Iman nodded in agreement to Rudy's statement. "We'll figure out another way to stop IRIS later."

"OK, OK, just saying." Jet shrugged.

They had to wait at least twenty minutes before the other team showed up, panting, slightly out of breath.

"Uncle!" Ali exclaimed upon seeing Bakar. "Are you OK?"

"Course..." Bakar panted, his hands on his knees, yet he managed to smile. "Uncle's strong, remember?" 

Astor hurried to elaborate, "Our helicopter crashed- no one's hurt- and the cat here-" but paused upon seeing the two teams trapped in boxes. "What happened here?"

"We will explain later," Zain said, a tone of urgency in his usual calm voice. "Astor, I need you and your team to find the power source of this facility and explode the Azurium bomb there and then."

"Alright. Roger that, Agent Zain." General Astor saluted.

"Be careful of Quarto and Cinco though. They're somewhere in there and you might bump into them," Rizwan warned.

"Don't forget you must also save Agent Dayang too," Ganz added.

Astor, Serporia, Bakar and Geetha ran past the two glass boxes and through the dark hallway indicated, while Comot remained with the trapped teams. 

As stealthily as the group of four sprinted, they were surprised that the entire place was pin-drop silent with no sign of any enemies at all. Now where were Quarto and Cinco that they mentioned?

"Check each room for Agent Dayang," Astor ordered Agents Serporia and Bakar as they stepped into a hallway lined with many doors on each side. "When you found her, report to me. Me and Agent Geetha will go deactivate the power source."

Serporia and Bakar nodded and started their search. Astor and Geetha ran past that hallway and deeper into the facility than ever, so that the air around them was suddenly freezing cold and they had to stop their teeth from chattering. At least the two agents here wore long sleeved suits that could help warm them up a bit.

It was when they reached the limit where their faces felt frozen that they emerged in a balcony that overlooked a vast cave. The power room still looks like an ordinary spiked cave except that there was a glowing pillar of light at the centre of it all, with it itself acting as the source of light in the or else dark cave.

"Fascinating," Geetha said, awestruck.

"What's fascinating?" Astor questioned, withdrawing a small, spiked yellow object from his brown suit's pocket.

"The power source," Geetha replied, still not tearing her eyes away from the pillar of light. "It's...curious. I think it's Azurium energy too, except that this...this is special..."

"Agent Geetha, mind giving me a boost?" General Astor requested, who was busy fumbling with the small object he had taken out, which had enlarged into a crackling yellow bow with a glowing neon green string. 

"Oh, of course," Geetha said, finally looking back at General Astor. 

As General Astor opened a yellow pouch strapped to his right leg, he extracted a small, green dart-like stuff and placed it across his bow. Once in position, the green dart expanded and became a long green arrow, which he pointed right towards the heart of the radiating pillar.

A fraction of a second before he shot the exploding arrow, Geetha shot him with a boost of her own. Together, with Geetha's boost and the explosion energy in the arrow combined, the arrow managed to zoom through the glass protecting the Azurium energy within and BOOM. The ground-shaking blast that occurred later could only meant it has worked. But that also meant that...

"RUN, QUICK!" General Astor bellowed, as a wave of shockingly blue energy came sweeping towards them.

Without another glance back, General Astor and Agent Geetha sprinted as fast as they can, with the Azurium energy wave hot at their heels, hoping not that they could save their weapons from deactivation. 

As they reached the main room, startled stares followed them as they ran past. It was when they were at the opening of the passageway, their breaths coming in sharp sears now, that they tossed their gadgets in a final move to save them. They felt the Azurium energy went pass them like a short breeze of warm air, but luckily, when it had reached the entrance of the cave, before it could even touch their gadgets, it had dissipated. 

General Astor and Agent Geetha slid down the length of the wall, laughing nervously as they shook off the tension. But at least, they have two gadgets that aren't deactivated for what comes next.