Mall Fight

Viktor was feeling nervous, but he had to defend himself no matter what in this situation. He had seen what IRIS was capable of once, and knew enough it had no mercy to spare.

"So, been some time since we met, IRIS?"

IRIS didn't reply, but lowered its chin, as though to observe him more better.

"I will tell you this," he said with an attempted air of bravado, though he gave it away slightly because of his high pitched voice. "I won't fight if you won't fight."

Still, IRIS didn't move a muscle. A moment passed where the air felt as still as cement, with IRIS glaring at Viktor and Viktor, in return, nervously glaring back.

Then IRIS zoomed through the air so fast he didn't see it coming. It kicked him around his middle, making him double up, and what more with those thick strong boots. A thin chord snaked around his neck, nearly choking him, and next, he was being thrown head first into a wall, which he felt crack under the force. 

The pain half blinding him, he tried to open his eyes, but they snapped open nevertheless when IRIS suddenly appeared an inch from his face, holding its yoyo's rope against his bare neck. But what shocked him most was that IRIS spoke.

"Give back the pen drive." IRIS said coldly.

"I don't have it," he grunted, all because of the pain coursing through his body. He felt like he could hardly stand up. All he need is just a miracle, just for once...

IRIS looked him up and down, as if it could see through his suit. A few seconds later it seemed to have come to the conclusion that he didn't have it.

"Where is it?" it asked once more, its voice biting like ice into his skin.

"Why do you want to know?" he said nervously. He wasn't especially in a good position to fight now, not when he could barely even move his arms when IRIS could even detect a hair standing up. 

The most miraculous and ridiculous thing was that IRIS set him free. However, it looked like it didn't do it for no reason.

It flew straight right to the exit of the rink, and Viktor knew why. It was going to try to chase Dos. It left Viktor, on the other hand, shaking in shock. Was that his best friend? Was he supposed to go and help Dos? But she should've gotten away now; he didn't let himself get cornered by IRIS for nothing. At the same time, he wouldn't know if he didn't check. So after gathering up the little courage and energy he still had in him, he tapped his shoe on the floor on the front and back and felt the bottom of it become smoother, it was like he was on roller skates. Then he skated off.

Where would IRIS possibly be? Sunway was a large shopping mall after all. Yet he didn't need to wait long to know. People were swarming excitedly towards a clearing, standing on tip-toes to watch something he couldn't see. 

Viktor squeezed himself between the smallest gaps between people without apologising as he pushed past a group of girls, who screamed in his wake. But people insulting him was nothing compared to the boulder of worry in his stomach now. He didn't who he was worrying about: Ali or Dos?

Upon reaching the front, Viktor saw that IRIS did managed to catch up with Dos. Without the slightest trace of mercy on its face, it was attacking Dos with what it seemed every attack it knew. Dos was screaming at the top of her lungs as she was flung up and down and here and there. This wasn't helping the situation at all: in fact, it was making it worse. People looked around for the source of commotion and, upon spotting IRIS and Dos, whipped their phone out of their pockets and started pointing it in their direction.

Viktor shoved on his signal-jammer sunglasses, accidentally poking his eye in the process. 

"Go away!" he shouted at a cluster of teenage girls nearest the fighting.