Controlled

A/N: Hi readers! Just to inform you all, this book might be getting slower updates from now on, since I'm starting school tomorrow and also starting Year 10. There's only a chapter left, don't worry, and I'm possibly going to write an alternative ending after this. Hope you all had enjoyed reading the book so far! Thanks~

***

Ali was standing stock-still, the IRIS he was wearing glowing bright. But how? Ali considered Iman for a moment, then started slowly approaching her. Iman took several steps back.

"Ali..." Iman tried to bring him back to his senses, but still he advanced.

"You think it was that easy to destroy me, shawl girl?" Ali said emotionlessly. Iris must have found a way somehow to counter-hack into IRIS. This is bad. "Give up, don't fight, and I will spare your life."

Her feet had hit wall. She turned around in spite of herself, hoping for it to be something else; she did not want to die like this. 

"Ali, please, I know you're still somewhere in there!" Iman cried, clearly hoping for a fantasied miracle to happen. 

By the time Ali said nothing but took out his yoyo, Iman's mind had started panicking.

"Rudy, transform into Alicia!" Iman shouted in sheer desperation at the stirring body of Rudy.

Rudy, though still unable to get himself off the floor, closed his eyes as though resisting something painful. In a flash of yellow, instead of Rudy lying down, weak, powerless, now laid Alicia.

Iman quickly reacted. Her goal was get Ali to look over at Alicia. 

As Ali flung his yoyo in her direction, she did a front flip over his head, flinging her shawl to tie around his arm, and, pulling with all the force she could, threw him in an arc to land exactly in front of Rudy. 

"Errrgh..." Ali grunted groggily. He lifted his head slightly up, and his eyes found Alicia. Then, it was as though an instant reaction had occurred.

Ali had let out a scream of torment that echoed off the walls of the arena. It was so loud that even General Astor and Uno, who were locked in close combat, were forced to clap a hand over their ears. 

"Get. Out. Of. My. Head!" Ali screamed, clasping his head in dire agony, though his IRIS was still glowing white. "I- won't- allow-" 

The door to the arena was slammed open. 

Iman looked around to see that the three Chief Pillars, Rizwan and the real Viktor grouped at the entrance, with Agent Ganz holding his large fist aloft. 

Agent Zain swept the arena once with his brown eyes. Past the fighting duo of General Astor and Uno, past the screeching Ali, and past the stirring Alicia. He furrowed his eyebrows and immediately ordered for action.

"Ganz, Rizwan, deal with Uno. Me and Dayang will deal with the kids."

Agents Ganz and Rizwan nodded, going at once to General Astor's aid while Agents Zain, Dayang and Viktor rushed over to where Ali was lying on the floor, thrashing about as if in flames.

"What has happened? What happened to Ali?" Agent Zain asked Iman quickly and urgently. He had long since abandoned his comforting tone, this was a moment of action. "Stay away from him!" he shot at Viktor, who froze where he was, as he was previously trying to comfort Ali.

"I don't know," Iman breathed, still terrified. "Ali had tried to control Iris, but I think somehow it has managed to get into IRIS 2.0. Agent Zain, please help him!" Iman begged, as Ali emitted another hair-raising scream.