Mission: Toxic Leak

"Good morning, Mr Ghazali," Alicia greeted, smiling beautifully.

"Good morning, Alicia. Ali's having his breakfast now, would you like to come in?"

He stood aside to welcome Alicia in, who sat down on the sofa politely. Alicia sat with her back straight, her legs crossed. It was like she was here for business. Ghazali went to the kitchen to fetch her a glass of water. When he entered the kitchen, Ali was so quiet that it was as though he wasn't there at all.

"Is it Alicia?" he whispered to his dad, who went to fill up a glass taken from a drying tray and filling up with sky blue water.

"Yes, Ali. Quickly eat, you don't want to keep her waiting."

As Ghazali left, Ali muttered under his breath, "As if I wanted to."

Five minutes later, after making sure that he was looking his best, he walked proudly into the living room, where Alicia sat patiently, staring into empty space. But she had diverted her attention to Ali once he had set foot into the room.

"Hi, Alicia." he said, taking a seat on another sofa.

"Hi." she said. "Is anybody else at home?"

"Nope. Dad's just gone out for work, it's only you, and me here."

Comot looked up at Ali's voice, and went over to hop onto Alicia's lap, where it purred. 

"Oh," Ali chuckled. "And you too, Comot."

Comot meowed appreciatively, then hop off Alicia's lap to the place beside it. It's long white tail moved left and right slowly as it stared at Ali.

"Uhhh..." Ali used all the force he could to tear his eyes off his pet cat, to look at Alicia instead. "Why are you here exactly?"

"Here." 

She held out her hand, and Ali extended his too. She dropped something round, thin and cold on his hand, and with a relaxing grin at himself, he saw it was only IRIS.

"Is that all?" he asked, pocketing IRIS. 

"No." she said, laying back. "We have found out some information about Quarto."

"Really?" he said, awestruck. 

"Yes. Apparently Quarto is Uno's son."

Alicia nodded at the look on Ali's face. She was acting so professionally that she looked as if she wasn't really surprised by this news. Ali waited, smiling at the same time. After a few moments, Alicia found this uncomfortable. And Ali's smile faltered.

"Nothing else?" 

"That's all."

"Well." he said, laying back down like her. "That's just...a waste of time, right? It's obvious."

Alicia narrowed her eyes at this. "Every single piece of information, no matter how insignificant they are, is important in a situation like this. What if-"

Just then, Ali's phone vibrated in his pants. Alicia went quiet as Ali checked to see what was it. 

"We have a new mission." Ali stated, keeping his phone back.

Alicia nodded and they stood up together. Ali quickly went to get Comot before leaving, and soon the house was left empty with no living beings.

***

The doors to the Control Room slid open to allow Ali and Alicia to enter. Sapphire, already as good as new, stood to attention to the screen in front of her.

"All here?" General Rama said.

"Agent Ali, Agent Alicia and Agent Comot reporting for duty." Alicia reported.

Just then, Comot gave a wide yawn, and came to rest beside Ali's foot.

"Listen here closely." General Rama started. A hologram appeared on the holographic platform which resembled something like a nuclear power plant.

"This is the toxic waste factory, located by the west of Malay Peninsular. It is one of the main factories that deprive the country of toxic wastes by transforming them into the renewable energy, as I think you would've heard, Toxic Power."

"So what's wrong with that-" Ali interrupted, but was silenced by Alicia throwing him a sharp glare.

"There's a leak in the factory, which is leading to water pollution in the Andaman Sea. Your mission is to go there, find the source of the leak, and stop it. Good luck, agents."

Ali, Alicia and Comot made to leave, but then Sapphire called them back.

"Here. This is a new upgrade for your new uniform."

Four silver balls came out from the floor. Two each scanned Ali and Alicia, and then sent out nanoparticles that latched itself to their current uniform. Ali and Alicia checked out their new looks, though there wasn't much changes that they could see, as Sapphire explained the details of the new uniform. 

"This new uniform is specially created for the mission. Your uniform is enforced with an extra layer of protection against a small amount of toxic, in case some get on you. The layer of protection will melt once they come in intact with toxic, envelop it, and carry it away without harming your skin. So when that area is melted, try not to get toxic on it, it'll need time to repair back its damaged area. The effect can only last for twelve hours. It can only resist against a small amount, so don't go jumping into pools of toxic, in any case."

Ali smirked. "Watch me."

"Alright, now that everyone's ready, act immediately!"