Defeated

The battle could have gone on forever for all Ali knew. But, as they were humans, all had their limits to their energy, and this splitting headache was helping no more than Viktor, the goddamn double-crossing traitor. What he did was ten times worse than Jenny. 

Ali spun in a large circle, flying into the air with the help of his aeroboots as he went. Once he was several metres off the ground, he shot his yoyo straight at Iris. But Iris merely only moved his head an inch to the side, and his yoyo missed. At the moment, IRIS was having great difficulty predicting what would be Iris' next move. Ali rather felt frustrated by it, seeing how it's 2.0, but it was no better than predicting Iris' movements precisely at all. 

Just when he was in the middle of a furious, multiple yoyo attack, he heard a high-pitched scream behind him. He whipped around. 

Laying unconscious against the wall was Iman. She did not even stir as Viktor came to a threatening distance to her. 

"STOP!" Ali screamed. Next thing he knew, he was storming towards the raven-haired boy, making sure to stomp his feet as hardly as he can. Viktor turned sharply in his direction, but Ali was neither intimidated.

Yelling out a war-cry with sheer desperation at only wanting him hit, Ali hurled his yoyo with all his might towards Viktor. Viktor looked around when the yoyo was quite near him, but he still managed to grab a dart across his chest and throw it at the incoming yoyo, misdirecting it. Instead, the yoyo flew towards General Astor and Uno.

Unfortunately, Uno has spotted this a split second earlier and had jumped away, leaving General Astor to be unprotected.

Ali realised this almost immediately. He pulled as hard as he can on the string of his yoyo, though too late. Even as the yoyo retreated a bit, General Astor was still in the range. With a click followed by a blast of wind, the General was hit on point. And he did not get up.

"Oh no..." Ali whimpered, as fear flooded his face. There was only him left. 

"There's no use anymore, Ali..." Uno snarled. In a beat of a heart, he was behind him and had sent him falling onto the cold ground. Ali was so scared he did not look up. He was afraid of seeing what he would be witnessing if he did. Somewhere nearby, he could feel a radiating something close to his unprotected neck.

"The Chief Pillars will pay for what they had done," said Uno's sneering voice above him. "They will regret ever trying to kill me off...they will regret ever pushing me aside...I will make sure they regret every. Single. Thing."

There was a swishing of steel, and Ali's eyes widened. 

Uno's Azurium sword came swinging towards him, but he was too stunned to move. He was so shocked his voice had abandoned him, not even allowing him to scream. All he knew was that he had nowhere to run, Ali knew this would be the end of his life. 

But then-

There was a clash of steel and Uno's sword went spinning away in dizzying circles across the air. All gazes followed the blue sword as it clattered a few feet away and deactivated, simply becoming  a sword's hilt. 

"What the-" Uno stammered, whipping around to face Viktor. But it wasn't Viktor. 

It was Rudy. 

"Sorry, but I cannot allow you to kill him," Rudy said coldly, then, in a higher tone, "Iman!" 

Iris turned his head right on time to see Iman lashing out her scarf at him. He gasped in shock, but still was able to dodge Iman's attack before it reached him. 

"Hurry up and get up," Rudy added irritably at Ali, as he shot two of his metal cuffs at Uno, who failed to notice it when he looked around for Iman and was forced to be shackled to the ground.