28. Social Experiment

An eerie calm spread through my body at that moment. The tears stopped, as did the pain. I felt... nothing, and it felt good. Klaus was aware of the change in my demeanour as he watched me. His voice was low and careful as he spoke,

"Jennifer love, are you alright?" his blue eyes were filled with concern as he watched me. I just smiled up at him,

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be? Although, if you wanted to make me feel better..." I purred, pulling him on top of me, pulling his head to mine and crushing our lips together. I could feel his surprise, his body tense but I held on and he quickly gave in to the kiss, returning it with a fierce passion and giving in to his lust.

Men, I couldn't help thinking to myself as his hands roamed every inch of my skin, ripping my clothes from my body, men really can be controlled. But hey, I defiantly wasn't complaining.

Several hours later I lay there, waiting to make sure Klaus really was asleep and thinking. Thinking about all the time I had wasted on trying to help a bunch of goody goody's that had done nothing to deserve my help... a bunch of people who claimed to be my friends but lied to me about the important things.

The more I thought about it, the more pissed off I got. I didn't give a rats ass about what Damon had done to my parents, hell I should thank him for what he had done to me, but I did give a damn about payback. When Klaus finally drifted off I snuck out of the bed and quickly got dressed, then as quietly as possible I made my way downstairs.

I was about to leave when curiosity about Damon, whether he was alive or not, got the better of me. I found him still in the same position as I left him and yup... still alive. I sauntered closer to him and poked him in the chest. His eyes opened and he looked at me in relief. However the relief faded fast as he watched me. It was replaced with a look of sadness,

"You didn't... please say... I'm so sorry..." His voice came out broken and so low that I had to step closer to hear him.

I looked at him in shock, he knew. He knew I had turned off my emotions. I couldn't help the smile that crept over my face; from the way he flinched I knew it wasn't a nice smile.

"Well, I have to go now. Friends to see... I'll give Elena your best shall I?" I taunted, amused by the fear that filled him. Without waiting for him to reply I turned my back on him and left. I was making my way to the front of the house when I passed a door I hadn't noticed before. I couldn't explain why, but something pulled me towards it. I pulled the door open to reveal a steep staircase leading down.

Without thinking about what I was doing I descended the steps. It was like I was in a trance, I ended up in some kind of basement. The only thing in the room was four coffins. Three of them lay open and empty but it was the fourth one that held my attention. I opened the lid and gasped.

In the coffin lay a woman, her skin grey and covered in veins, a silver dagger protruding from her chest. In the same way that I was pulled down here I knew that this was Rebekah, Klaus's sister. I had never met her but had heard all about her from Elena.

That was when it came to me. I was going to perform a little social experiment. And Rebekah was hopefully going to help me. Although, knowing how much she was supposed to hate Elena I couldn't see why she wouldn't. With a large smile I reached forward and pulled the knife out.

I sat there waiting, playing with the end of my hair for what felt like forever when suddenly Rebekah sat up in the coffin. She had a wild look in her eyes as she looked around the room, her eyes searching for something... or someone before they settled on me. Before I had a chance to blink I was against a wall with her hand on my throat.

"Who the bloody hell are you?" she demanded. However she didn't lighten her grip and I could barely breathe.

"Jennifer..." I gasped out, "... help you... Elena..."

She let go of me and I fell to the ground. Holding my throat I stood in front of her. Rebekah just folded her hands in front of her chest, "I'm listening. I want to know who the hell you are and what the hell is going on. Oh and make it interesting, or I won't hesitate to kill you."