34. Judgy Little Witch

It had been a couple of hours since I left the boarding house and I was still at my father's house... no, my house. I had to remember that. I was still serious about selling it, and although I had come here to grab some of my things to bring to Nik's, I found myself going through my father's belongings. Before I knew what I was doing I had packed up half of the house using boxes I found in one of the spare rooms. In no time at all I had a pretty good system going. Keep, good will and bin. Although I would love to keep everything my father owned, it didn't make sense to.  So all his clothes, and any belonging to my mother that I found, went to the good will boxes.

 After I had finished the bedrooms I moved into the main bathroom. Ok, most of this stuff was going in the bin. No point in keeping old soap or medications. I did however, keep his favourite aftershaves. I couldn't bring myself to bin them. When I had the upstairs completely packed, I took clean bed sheets and made all the beds. I hoovered and dusted all of the rooms so they would be suitable for showing potential buyers.

I made my way downstairs to the office and sat in the chair behind my father's desk. I picked up a framed picture, it was of the three of us at my graduation. They had been so proud that day. When I looked down at the smiling faces I noticed that the tug in my chest wasn't as strong anymore. Maybe this was the beginning of me moving on, I hoped that it was. I would never stop missing them or loving them, but the way I was lately my emotions would be the death of me.

I put the frame back on the desk and started to open the drawer when my hearing picked up a car parking outside the house. I stayed where I was and just kept listening.

"I just don't feel comfortable doing this Bonnie." Ok, that was Jeremy's voice. From what I could hear it was just the two of them. I listened as they let themselves into my house, Bonnie finally answering Jeremy.

"I know, but I don't trust her anymore Jer. Look what she did to Elena... you can't say you're not pissed at her as well." I could feel the judgement flowing off the Bennett witch from where I sat. I wanted to run out there and rip her judgy little head off, but I didn't. I heard Jeremy sigh,

"I know Bonnie. Of course I'm mad at her, but she didn't have her emotions on. She's not exactly the first vampire to make a mistake." Jeremy reasoned, but Bonnie didn't seem to care.

"Look, I just want to grab something of hers as insurance. I mean, I'm not going to do the spell... yet. But we have to be prepared, I mean she is living with Klaus for god's sake."

 I couldn't hear Jeremy reply but he must have indicated that he agreed, because all I heard then was Bonnie directing him to my bedroom. Ok, enough was enough. I flashed out and smiled when I saw their eyes go wide when they saw me. Before either of them had a chance to react I grabbed Jeremy and pulled him back to the office. I forced him to look directly at him, and felt my eye's dilate.

"Who all knows what Bonnie is thinking?" I compelled him, I had to know if I had lost all my friends or if it was just Bonnie and Jeremy. His face went slack as he answered,

"Just Tyler. Bonnie warned me not to say anything to the others, she said that they wouldn't agree."

Ok, now I was confused, "But Tyler is sired to Klaus, aren't you afraid that he might let something slip about how you really feel towards me?"

"Actually Tyler isn't..." Jeremy's voice drowned out and I didn't hear the rest of what he was going to tell me as I doubled over screaming, clutching my head. Jeremy blinked several times then looked from me screaming on the floor to Bonnie standing in the doorway, her hand pointed to me.

"Jer," Bonnie was shouting over the noise I was making, "... get the car started, quickly."

Jeremy threw one last glance at me before taking off running. I was trying to stand up but it felt like someone was ramming a red hot poker directly into my brain repeatedly. I tried to focus on Bonnie but my vision had gone blurry. A moment later the pain started to subside. My breathing was haggard as I pulled myself up from the ground. I ran to the front porch but their car was gone. Oh they were going to pay for that. I don't know what the hell that bitch had done to me, but she wouldn't get a chance to do it again. That was for sure.

 I felt a vibration in my back pocket and pulled out Nik's phone. I recognised the number coming up as my own.

"Rebekah?" I answered, my voice a little shaky.

"Where are you? You invite me over and don't even have the decency to be here when I get here."

I couldn't help but laugh a bit at Rebekah's greeting, but winced at some residual pain. "I'm so sorry, I stopped by my house to pick up a few things and time got away from me. I'll be there soon."

I didn't even have the sentence finished and she had hung up. I looked down at the phone in my hands... well that was rude. I put the phone back in my pocket and went back into the house to grab my weekend bag. I would finish packing the house another day. I just wanted to get back to Nik to be quite honest, I always felt calmer around him. I paused, bag in hand as I ran that thought through my mind again.

Ok, when we weren't arguing over him killing the people I know I felt calm.

I locked up the house and was about to get in my car when suddenly someone was standing in front of me. I let out a girly shriek and dropped my bag, but it was just Rebekah. She looked worried.

"Are you ok?" she asked, her eyes quickly scanning me for injuries and then the area surrounding us. I felt a little lump in my throat, so that was why she hung up. She must have heard something in my voice when I was on the phone. Without thinking I took a step forward and threw my arms around her. I could feel her surprise and at first she just stood there. After a few seconds I felt her hands awkwardly pat my back. It was just nice to have someone think I'm upset or hurt and to rush to make sure I'm ok.

I dropped my arms and stepped back, "Sorry... and I'm fine. I had a little run in with Bonnie and she did something to my head but the pain is gone now."

I could see the anger on her face and I quickly realised I probably shouldn't have said anything. I quickly rushed on, "Listen, you can't say anything to Nik. He'll just rush out and kill her and I don't want that. I know Bonnie did what she did to protect herself and Jeremy. They don't trust me and I compelled him to find out who else didn't. If it comes to it, I won't let her do it again. Please?"

As I watched her she seemed to think it over before finally nodding. Not giving her a chance to change her mind I picked up my bag and threw it into the back of my car before climbing in the front and starting the engine, Rebekah climbed in beside me and we took off.

----------------------------

We pulled up outside the mansion and my door was pulled open before I had even turned off the engine. Nik was standing there, a worried look on his face. Now it was him scanning me for injuries. I ignored that and climbed out of the car and hugged him,

"I'm fine. I told you I would be, they wouldn't hurt me." I could see Rebekah's face over Nik's shoulder and she didn't look happy. I think she wanted to tell him so he would kill all the ones that hurt her. Somehow though, I knew she would keep my secret.

I broke the embrace so the three of us could go inside to have dinner, also being this close to Nik and I would end up jumping him here and now, and although I wouldn't mind it, I was sticking to my plan of getting to know Rebekah properly. I started to grab my bag but Nik stopped me.

"I'll have Tyler get that. Let's get inside."

That reminded me of what Jeremy had started to say before Bonnie stopped me. Something about Tyler and how he's sired to Klaus. Tyler must have heard Nik because he was here, grabbing my bag. I didn't miss the look he threw at me when he thought we weren't looking. I was going to have to find out what that was about without Nik knowing.

At least for now.