41. The End of War

I slowly opened my eyes but quickly shut them again. The bright light was painful. Of course when I felt a hand brush against my face I forgot about the pain, opening my eyes once more.

I had to be dreaming... or maybe I was dead. Maybe the venom did its job.

"Nik?" my voice came out hoarse as I looked up at him. If I was dead.... "Can vampires go to heaven?"

I didn't realise I had spoken aloud until he laughed softly. Instead of an answer he just bent down and gently pressed his lips against my forehead. I couldn't help the squeal I let out as I realised it really was him and we were both alive.

I pulled him down on top of me, causing him to laugh again. Of course the laugh was cut short as I attacked him with my lips, my hands roaming his body.

Everything else forgotten, I just needed him here and now.

I reached down between us to start unbuttoning his jeans but he stopped me. My eyes flew to his but he just climbed off the bed.

"I've noticed whenever I cure you from a werewolf bite you tend to get very... thankful." He laughed.

 "Maybe I should get bit more often?" I joked, sitting up.

The smile fell from his face, his expression darkening. "Rebekah and Elijah filled me in on what happened at the Salvatore's boarding house. What were you thinking?"

I blinked at the tone in his voice. "What are you talking about? They took you and 'Bekah. I had to get you back."

He pulled me from the bed and into a tight embrace. "And you nearly died." He whispered into my hair.

I pulled away from him and studied his face. So that's what was wrong with him. I cupped his face in both of my hands. "You listen to me Niklaus Mikaelson... I will always move heaven and earth to find you if I have to. You're stuck with me now."

His expression softened, then quickly turned to one of lust. In a flash Nik picked me up and was about to throw me on the bed when the door to the room flew open and in walked Elijah and Rebekah. Nobody said anything for a full 30 seconds while Nik stood with me in his arms. Elijah looked at us apologetically.

"I'm sorry brother, I tried to keep her downstairs but when she realised Jennifer was awake... well, you know our sister."

Rebekah just ignored her brothers and smiled at me. Quickly returning it with a smile of my own I jumped out of Nik's arms and ran to her, wrapping my arms around her.

"I'm so glad you're ok." She said softly in my ear.

"You too!" I replied, "Although, talk about bad timing." When we pulled apart I looked at the three siblings. "Ok, first... I'm starving. Secondly... What happened?"

Nik stepped forward. "Lets go downstairs. Elijah was kind enough to get blood bags in for us. We can fill you in down there. Obviously we aren't going to get any alone time up here."

He tried to scowl at his sister but it was obvious in his eyes that he wasn't the least bit angry. The four of us headed down to the kitchen where Elijah went straight to the fridge and pulled out a blood bag. He poured it into a large glass and handed it to me.

I would have ripped right into the bag, but something about the way Elijah held himself, and spoke made me think that he did everything prim and proper.

I thanked him then sat with my glass. Rebekah started speaking first, "Well after I broke your neck..."

"Wait what?" I almost spat out the blood I was drinking. "When the hell did you break my neck?"