Chapter 8: Kiss

A/N: Hello! I'm back again with chapter 8! Fair warning there's a bit of a mature content. Now, happy reading!

I visited the main house once every week. I usually spent about three-four days staying over in either the guest room or Alden and Elliot's room.

It usually ended up being their room though.

On the weekdays I usually woke up first. I would set the bed, put on some fresh clothes and by that time they would've woken up too.

Elliot would be the last--he was the heavy sleeper in the group.

Around midday we had our study time. Private tutors and lectures come and teach us about different subjects, I didn't have as many classes as the both of them.

In fact, Alden had the most.

By the time we were done, we would head out in the back garden--the one farthest from the main house to play.

Elliot was best at hide and seek, as he had an easier time climbing trees.

Me and Alden though, we loved playing Charades.

1987 Milan, Italy

The leather seat creaked under my weight. Slamming the door shut I exited from the vehicle.

The day was bright, a warm breeze and a light blue sky.

My eyes trailed up the stone steps that lead to the main entrance. The building structure stood tall with brown and red bricks serving as the foundation and blue-tinted glass as the windows. Green plants and trees surrounded the area around the building.

Holding the rail I walked up the steps before stopping to glance at the sign: Central hospital.

I was first greeted by a receptionist at the counter. All I could see was her light brown hair that peeked over the counter and nothing else. Walking towards her I glanced down at the woman with her eyes glued to the paper she was organizing.

"Excuse me, do you know where room 457 is?"

"Fourth floor. Two doors to the left." She answered, still not lifting her eyes away from the stack of paper.

Nodding my head I headed towards the fourth floor. Heading into the silent hallway I searched around for the room.

Turning at the left corner I followed two doors down before catching sight of the number.

457 Patient: Veronica Worrick

Breathing in the heavy air, I turned the knob leading into the room. Quietly, I made my presence known.

Inside were walls painted as a pale cream color. It's the color of the wallpaper plastered up in the main house.

Directly across from me was a large window, the glass a bit dusty but still visible. Other than the inclusion of a small radio and some magazines, the room was oddly plain.

With an exception.

Across from where I stood, positioned a large hospital bed covered with blue sheets and a woman.

Her appearance drastically different from what I remembered. Her once light hair now spiraled with grey spots through out the original color.

The woman's eyes became dull and small wrinkles formed underneath her eyelids and cheeks. In place of a healthy figure now was a blue outfit and an aged face.

I took another step forwards. This time the sound of my shoe hitting against the marble tiles startled her.

But not the shock kind, the just what are you doing here kind.