Chapter 50: Pleading

A/N: Chapter 50! Yay! So, I wasn't feeling well this entire week (along with personal things) However, I pushed through. So here you go!

Happy reading!

1987 Milan, Italy

I felt the pistol lodge into my skin.

The barrel encircling and pinning its target against my hair as I hesitated to let out a breath.

With my eyes scanning the sides of the area; it felt as though the pistol was attached to my skin.

Every slight movement felt controlled by the pistol directly behind me.

Every breath and every little twitch resulted in my own head trying to untangle distraught thoughts in its own mind.

My already dried throat distinguished a bitter taste in my mouth.

My tongue running over parched lips with the acidic taste now washing in my saliva.

The smell invading my nose was no longer the ocean water and oil liquid jumbled together; but rather, the invasive smell of smoke that were breathed from his crusted lips.

It dug its way into my lungs like the way his words pierced my ears.

"Well, well. It seems I've caught a loyal mutt trailing behind his owners." He breathed in the cigar tucked in his chumped fingers. A crisp but jittering laugh echoing inside the room.

"Well, that's fine too." Finishing his sentence, a raspy chuckle left his lips before the man behind him pushed the pistol deeper against my head.

The sudden movement jerked my attention, as I stiffened my breath.

My thoughts, that were already jumbled--starts racing.

I could hold the man down, snapping the pistol away from him; but that doesn't mean I can escape.

What about the other men outside, are they under his orders too?

My thoughts lead my eyes to trail to the girl in front of me.

Her pale and petite body now more noticeable than ever.

With dried tears and a dim look in her eyes, it began searching for me.

Her eyes were dulled, carved away by the constant pain in her legs that she couldn't even utter a cry anymore.

She just kept looking at me.

With the hazel color, engraving into my eyes as she slumped her head onto the concrete floor.

The more her look impales me, the more the guilty feeling begins tipping in my head.

But for the second it appeared, it was shoved away by the man behind me.

"Now, now puppy; you should learn to bark first before you fetch."

His words poured into my head. As well as the pistol, though the only thing that's keeping him from barking the man the order to 'kill'; was to dig under my skin until he's content with what he has.

That's the way he likes to deal with people.

Greeting them with that grimy grin and grave stare of enflamed eyes. He likes to rip apart their body before baring his fangs into their skin.

He wants them to suffer for his enjoyment.

So I knew, that if that this was my dead end— I have to suffer first.

From the back of my head, sets of footsteps were hitting against the concrete floor.

Its high pitched sound barking against the ear as the Don encircles his way to the corner of my vision. The pistol, still lodged and kept close to my head by his henchman.